How to buy a Belen Echandia bag

*suzi*

O.G.
Sep 16, 2006
Please post guidelines and information on how to purchase a BE bag or how to arrange a Bespoke.

Tropical gal has started us off with her concise explanation that I will copy here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are two ways to buy a Belen Echandia handbag.

1. You go to the website and choose a handbag and order it.
2. You order a "bespoke" handbag -- made to order, just for you. Bespoke is a British term for "made to order.

"There is a Bespoke area on the website. "BE Couture." You go to this area and choose your style of handbag, your leather, your color hardware and you make your order.

You can talk to or email the BE concierge when selecting if you need personal help or design advice making your decision.

3. A third way to buy a BE handbag is to announce your interest for a "Group Bespoke." If you get a group of ladies, usually 6 or 8, who want to order the same handbag, you can get it made to order with a discount.__________________
Visit me! www.theportablemother.blogspot.com

Last edited:
Suzi....quick qustion...do you want the actual bespokes here? Or just instructions and guidelines?

Well, I know the bespokes can get crazy, but I think it keeps the main area more active. We should just put instructions and guidelines on "how to" here. I imagine it all could be quite confusing to a new Belenista. Calling all BE writers...

* Update * I am adding some detailed info courtesy of KT92. Thank u!

How to buy an in-stock BE bag:
1. Go to the website and select the style you like
2. Click your basket and "pay now"
3. Fill in the relevant shipping and billing info. NOTE: if you are ordering from overseas, you may want to contact your bank to let them know you are ordering something from the UK so they don't hold up your payment
4. Select your shipping method: Royal Mail or Courier (DHL in the US). Note that when using DHL you may be subject not only to duties, but also the transaction fees that DHL incurs
5. In the promo code section, put in the tPF promo code for free shipping - "shipme"
6. Place your order.

How to buy a one-off bespoke bag - a bag that you design ONLY for you!:
Note that when ordering a one-off bespoke, you will be charged an additional 20% on top of the cost of the bag.
FOR A LIMITED TIME, until October 20, this 20% fee is waived.

1. Go to "Deposits" under Collections (left side of home page)
2. Click "bespoke deposits"
3. Pay now - the deposit for a one-off bespoke is US$180, or approximately 20% of the value of the bag.
4. in the Message section, include the following information:
- The bag style you like (e.g., TME)
- The color/type of leather you want (e.g., Pewter Crash)
- The color of hardware you want on it (gold or silver)
- other info - preferred delivery time and so forth
5. In the promo code section, put in the tPF promo code for free shipping - "ship me"
6. Place your order

How to buy a "group" bespoke bag - 8 or more people all going for the same bag:
Note that when buying a group bespoke, there is a 10% discount on the price of the bag.
In addition, shipping on a group bespoke is free.

1. Go to "Deposits" under Collections (left side of home page)
2. Click "bespoke deposits"
3. Pay now - the deposit for a bespoke is US$180, or approximately 20% of the value of the bag.
4. in the Message section, include the following information:
- The bag style of the group bespoke you are participating in (e.g., Group Bespoke SM in matte grey)
- The specific size you are ordering (in some cases, more than one size of the same bag can be ordered)
- The color of hardware you want on it (gold or silver)
- other info - preferred delivery time and so forth
5. In the promo code section, put in the tPF promo code for free shipping - "ship me"
6. Place your order

Last edited:
OK clearly I'm new - can one actually custom order a BE bag?
How much more time and $$$ does that involve? Is that an ideal
to aim for or is that practical for a first time buyer?

Last edited:
OK clearly I'm new - can one actually order a BE bag to order?
How much more time and $$$ does that involve? Is that an ideal
to aim for or is that practical for a first time buyer?

Hey Kissd56, it's very simple.

Go the the BE website, browse the bags, choose from a list of leathers here including choice of hardware etc....then place a deposit approx 20% via the BE website indicating in the subject line which bag you're ordering and voila!

Delivery/creating your bag takes approx 6 weeks at which time you'll be notified/contacted via email prior to your bag shipping to pay the remaining balance.

That's the easy part......where the challenge lies is choosing a style and colour/type of leather!!! But we're here to help!!! Welcome! :smile:

Hey Kissd56, it's very simple.

Go the the BE website, browse the bags, choose from a list of leathers here including choice of hardware etc....then place a deposit approx 20% via the BE website indicating in the subject line which bag you're ordering and voila!

Delivery/creating your bag takes approx 6 weeks at which time you'll be notified/contacted via email prior to your bag shipping to pay the remaining balance.

That's the easy part......where the challenge lies is choosing a style and colour/type of leather!!! But we're here to help!!! Welcome! :smile:

Is that a special or available anytime you want to do this?

kissd56 and grkbella03, note that there is generally a 20% fee for a custom bespoke but Jackie is waiving it until October 20 so you would need to decide quickly or be subject to the additional 20% fee.
Another note is that if you can organize a group bespoke (8 people willing to get the same bag) you don't have to pay the 20%. In fact, you get an additional 10% discount plus free shipping.

For being a member of tPF you get free shipping all the time on reg. priced, in stock items. I believe the code is 'shipme'

Also I believe Jackie was offering 10% off your first fall bag so if there's one in stock on the website, you can probably still use that (plus free shipping).

Good luck and welcome!

There are two ways to buy a Belen Echandia handbag.

1. You go to the website and choose a handbag and order it.

2. You order a "bespoke" handbag -- made to order, just for you. Bespoke is a British term for "made to order."
There is a Bespoke area on the website. "BE Couture." You go to this area and choose your style of handbag, your leather, your color hardware and you make your order.

You can talk to or email the BE concierge when selecting if you need personal help or design advice making your decision.

3. A third way to buy a BE handbag is to announce your interest for a "Group Bespoke." If you get a group of ladies, usually 6 or 8, who want to order the same handbag, you can get it made to order with a discount.

Hi everyone~ i am a new tpf'er and soon to be (i hope) new owner of a BE bag. I am having trouble deciding on my first choice (or two) despite a lovely thorough response from Rose. Hope you and Rose can help me:
I generally love black, love medium or med-slightly large sized bags. Want a not-too motorcycle queen look as I am an "older" mom of young triplets and a teen--yet don't want too classic or too typical a look. I think my fav right now is prob the LM--maybe the mini (or is it midi) is big enough? I was thinking black crash, pewter crash...or is the pebbled glossy nicer? Is the pewter too light or bright to be used a lot? I am also wondering if a LM mini is small enough to be fun in fuschia or red? I think a dark pewter or charcoal grey in the crash or glossy if not too shiny would be cool, but what do you all think? are all glossy's pebble glossy?!!
also....what are the neatest bespoke details to consider (I already was thinking of an extra pocket, saw one bag w/ a demi ruffle over an outside pocket--was I dreaming? or if not, is it too ysl? any experience or comments on the pink stamped croc for the small one?
last ?.....what would be good to hold out for the Jan sale assuming it happens again?!!
Thanks to all of you for this endless barrage of ?'s...hope I haven't exhausted any of you....I appreciate any advice, even personal opinions from anyone--even anyone from BE as well that participates here!

^^^I tried to pm you but you don't receive pms. Just start a new thread on the BE forum with the title, "Help me buy my first BE" or something like that. I think you'll get more answers that way.

I did as you suggested, thanks!! I am quite new to the tech world, and don't know what pm is....is it like im? did not see how to edit in my profile to include allowing this. does allowing this also open up your email to anyone? sorry for all these basic ?'s!