What's the Best Crossbody BE?

TejasMama

O.G.
Mar 29, 2007
Hi Ladies,

I know that many of the BE styles have a crossbody strap, but which style do you find is really comfortable and practical being carried this way? I first looked at the WTM midi but have read that it can be a heavier style. I do love it, though...

I really need a comfortable crossbody style to fit my life toting three tots around. Can you provide some counsel? Does anyone have modeling shots? Thoughts on what really works? Would love to hear from you!:smile:

I think the hug me can be worn cross body but it may be on the heavier side...

I think glamorgirlpink posted pictures of the lg hug me cross body and I think there are some of the small hug me in the stickied picture thread...

I'm not speaking from experience but just from seeing modeling pics I think the Whisper To Me looks like a great crossbody bag. I like how it lays flat against your body and it has 3 ways to wear it; crossbody, on the shoulder or on your arm. There are some beautiful pics here somewhere of it in chocolate glossy that made me fall in love with this style!

I'm not keen on wearing the regular Hug Me cross body. It is rather lumpy and bumps around a bit on the hip. I think you need a flatter style bag than that.

For those that have the WTM/WTM Midi, does wearing it crossbody help distribute the weight or does it feel like it pulls down on your shoulder more?

I would love to see Jackie come up with a 'swingpack' style that is smaller and meant specifically for crossbody wear--I love my shoulder bags but being hands free sometimes is best!

Sorry I had to attach this.... but here is the WTM in chocolate glossy (I believe). This is one gorgeous bag! :drool: ETA: I assume this is the regular size. I've found modeling shots of the midi too and thought it looked great in that size as well.

Attachments

• wtm choco glossy 1.jpg
    wtm choco glossy 1.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 78
  • wtm choco glossy 2.jpg
    wtm choco glossy 2.jpg
    188.1 KB · Views: 101
Tloveshim...thanks for the pictures! I forgot about these! Yes, I do agree it looks like a great crossbody style. I'd love to hear how it actually performs under those circumstances...

That choco glossy is GORGEOUS!

YW! I'm planning on the WTM midi in petrol personally! I love the look of this bag, the way it lays flat and the versatility! Such a great design! I wish I had discovered BE a long time ago! I'm in love with her designs!

Tejas, I don't find my WTM's heavy at all - I'll try to weigh them this evening to give you a sense of weight. I love the style and its edgy unique shape! Whenever I wear the WTM out it attracts attention...in a good way lol!! I toke mine shopping to the mall yesterday an it wasn't heavy at all and I shopped a lot!!!

Tejas, I don't find my WTM's heavy at all - I'll try to weigh them this evening to give you a sense of weight. I love the style and its edgy unique shape! Whenever I wear the WTM out it attracts attention...in a good way lol!! I toke mine shopping to the mall yesterday an it wasn't heavy at all and I shopped a lot!!!

This is great to hear. I just really like having the crossbody option with my bags--it keeps me from having to switch out so much.

I was also considering the TME Midi. It looks great crossbody...does anyone wear theirs this way?

Bali Girl--YOUR pictures are the reason I have fallen in love with petrol! I never knew how beautiful the color was until I saw your WTM pictures.:tup:

It does look great crossbody, but the thin strap makes it feel heavier than it is when you are wearing it for a long time or packing it very full.

Thanks, Lilac! I do wish it had a thicker cb strap with notches in it. I think that would appeal to a number of people who'd like to have that option just in case. I think a thicker strap might spread the weight more. I have a thicker shoulder strap with my LM, and I just love it. It makes the bag very comfortable!

^^Yes, I think that would help. The thin strap tends to dig in. But when I am only carrying a few things in my bag (wallet, phones, ipod, tissues, keys, chapstick) the bag is very comfortable.

Tejas, I am only buying one bag this go around and it will be the WTM Midi solely for the crossbody action going on, not to mention I can carry it on shoulder or on the crook of the arm should I get bored with it. I told Ashley I didn't want to have a bag that looked like a tumor on my hip, and as much as I love the Hug Me, that to me is a handheld bag...I can see myself bumping into DH and other shoppers at Target with it using the crossbody function. I can see you def with a WTM Midi and I don't see how that it could be any heavier than a larger swingpack from Coach. I like the swingpack, but unfortunately I can't fit everything I need in it.

Hi. I own a love me midi and the WTM and if I am honest, I prefer wearing the love me using the messenger strap. i find the WTM more heavy and it does pull on me a little, however this may be due to the fact that it is glossy leather which is quite a bit thicker. I love wearing this bag either on my shoulder or arm. My love me is pewter crash which is less thick. I also find that although the WTM is flatter, it sits better on your body when on the shoulder. Whereas, the LM just slouches into your body. Good Luck!! x :tup: