the new ebay/paypal 21-day hold rules...how long b4 it's scam city?

pink_dolphin

Fake bag spotter
O.G.
Jun 19, 2006
if you have completed 99 or less transactions on ebay (even with a 100% rating) and sell an item for over $100 the money will not go to you immediatly but will be "pending" where you can't touch it for 21 days. You, as a seller, have to ship your VALUABLE item to the buyer without receiving any money at YOUR cost BEFORE the "pending" status will be removed. Your money isn't made available to you until it has been delivered for at least 3 days (shown via tracking #) and the buyer has left POSTIVE feedback.

The buyer can reverse the money transaction, cancel the transaction, leave bad feedback, etc--and you lose your valuable item, shipping costs (because you still don't have your money), and ebay/paypal fees.

Plus, now ebay won't let sellers leave negative feedback anymore---so you have NO way to tell anyone else about how bad the transaction was.

once buyers find out that they ultimately have 100% control--it's going to be a big legal mess. I mean, people could be getting free bags and sellers be out money!

I'm never selling EVER again unless the item is cheap. :tdown:
:cursing:

this just happened to me... i am soooo mad:cursing: ive never ever had this happen....

i was told you are protected as long as you keep records of the tracking by using usps or ups.... so im crossing my fingers everything works out...

i am so sick of ebay and all of these new rules that dont protect the seller at all :cursing:

WHAT?!?!?! THIS IS CRAZY!!!!!:mad::censor: Where did you read this?? Has it already happened to you?! I AM NEVER SELLING ON EVILBAY AGAIN!!!!
It's in the rules and there are all kinds of articles about it. I have experienced the 21-day hold and had to ship my item, at my expense, in hopes that I had a truly honest buyer (you never know!)--and I did thank goodness. She left feedback and I called paypal and they released it early based on feedback and delivered confirmation status. I had to call to get it removed.

I'm not happy. They should have to show their new rules on all new listings to "agree" to the terms. I have another item right now that is going to go over $100 and I'm going to have to go through this mess again. I just hope people are honest. I'll NEVER sell valuables again.

I think when this gets out, they are going to successfully put themselves out of business. :idea:

I mean gosh, what if they post office loses the packaged? then you have no proof at all.

if you have completed 99 or less transactions on ebay (even with a 100% rating) and sell an item for over $100 the money will not go to you immediatly but will be "pending" where you can't touch it for 21 days. You, as a seller, have to ship your VALUABLE item to the buyer without receiving any money at YOUR cost BEFORE the "pending" status will be removed. Your money isn't made available to you until it has been delivered for at least 3 days (shown via tracking #) and the buyer has left POSTIVE feedback.

The buyer can reverse the money transaction, cancel the transaction, leave bad feedback, etc--and you lose your valuable item, shipping costs (because you still don't have your money), and ebay/paypal fees.

Plus, now ebay won't let sellers leave negative feedback anymore---so you have NO way to tell anyone else about how bad the transaction was.

once buyers find out that they ultimately have 100% control--it's going to be a big legal mess. I mean, people could be getting free bags and sellers be out money!

I'm never selling EVER again unless the item is cheap. :tdown:
:cursing:

Ebay is horrible and doesn't protect sellers! :tdown: Try listing on Bonanzle.

This happened to me recently - gee, must've been since I have under 100 transactions but I still have over 7 years with 100% lifetime FB and a stellar reputation for my sales. But it was my first sale for a few months since these new measures hit so I was surprised and furious. :cursing:

So I called PayPal and gave them a piece of my mind. I didn't get anywhere with the regular rep but she helped escalate it to a supervisor - I said there was absolutely nothing in my history to merit this hold and to do so was an insult to me as a customer, and that I had other options such as non-eBay forums and Google check-out. They quickly took my funds off hold.

I suggest calling PayPal, and take it above the first level - they'll let you, you just have to ask to speak to a supervisor. :tup: Good luck!

This happened to me recently - gee, must've been since I have under 100 transactions but I still have over 7 years with 100% lifetime FB and a stellar reputation for my sales. But it was my first sale for a few months since these new measures hit so I was surprised and furious. :cursing:

So I called PayPal and gave them a piece of my mind. I didn't get anywhere with the regular rep but she helped escalate it to a supervisor - I said there was absolutely nothing in my history to merit this hold and to do so was an insult to me as a customer, and that I had other options such as non-eBay forums and Google check-out. They quickly took my funds off hold.

I suggest calling PayPal, and take it above the first level - they'll let you, you just have to ask to speak to a supervisor. :tup: Good luck!

really? what did you say exactly? help me out for future reference!

I too have been an ebay member for 7 years with 100% rating...