Very dirty White City... should I dye it?

giantcity

O.G.
Jul 15, 2008
I got my 2nd Bal in the post today... and was sorely disappointed :sad: Sure I didn't expect a brand new bag for the price I paid, but the City is VERY VERY DIRTY!!!

311ny4w.jpg

2h81tt4.jpg

66x1mt.jpg

vni5w2.jpg

Which is why I'm thinking of dyeing it another colour- I just haven't decided what yet! I should think black is the safest, but I'm feeling adventurous and quite like the idea of dyeing it something crazy like red or magenta or turquoise (maybe not turquoise because I already have a sky blue). Any opinions anyone? :smile:

im dying mine magenta!!!
my dye's on the way!!! can't wait
we should do a thread together!! hehe

Oooh good luck! I STILL haven't decided what colour to dye it yet, but I'll sleep on it tonight... Good luck with your project! :biggrin:

Thanks for the ideas ladies, and yeah, the only thing I'm worried about brighter colours is that they won't really look like the original colours... well I guess black is always an option!

Oooh good luck! I STILL haven't decided what colour to dye it yet, but I'll sleep on it tonight... Good luck with your project! :biggrin:

Thanks for the ideas ladies, and yeah, the only thing I'm worried about brighter colours is that they won't really look like the original colours... well I guess black is always an option!

On the other hand if you want to keep the white why don't you try cleaning it with baby wipes?
I know it sounds impossible but it worked on my Mulberry boiled nappa buttery soft leather in ibiscus. The leather is very porous quite light and very fragile, still it got very dirty on the underground. I did try all sorts of cleaning products some of them very expensive and finally managed to remove year old stains with baby wipes. So another thought