How Much Does Your Mulberry Bag Weigh?

Feb 26, 2008
I always think it's really important how heavy or light a bag is bacause it's only going to get heavier with all the stuff I need to carry!! :P Also I'm often carrying other stuff so keeping the weight down is a priority.

I thought this would be a great reference, & it might also help me to find my ultimate Mulberry for every day, which seems to be an ongoing project!! :smile:;)

Anyway here goes with my collection:
oak belle 352g
choc somerset shoulder 490g
black seth 702g
oak somerset tote 802g
black alana 994g
choc elgin 1170g

Wow that was interesting!!!
I was thinking of selling my somerset tote as I've never really used it. A great bag but I'm not sure oak is really me, & also I'm not sure about it being open at the top. However it is so light & smells divine! I've never used the belle either - is that cos it's also oak?? Also I think alana might have to go, as I need a bag that can be handheld as well as shoulder held, & it's heavy for its size. Although I do get nice comments about it, & it's great to carry on the shoulder. But THEN I could afford something else! :graucho:
I'd be really interested in weights of the bayswater / east west bays / ledbury / roxanne / rosemary / antony as all these are on my possibles list!!

this will sound odd-- but I like heavy bags, it makes me feel like I am carrying something luxurious...
However, I live in Los Angeles and drive everywhere. Rarely do I have to walk a long distance with my bag...

Roxanne weighs a ton with or without anything in it. I've packed mine away as it's lemon so I don't use it in the winter but I'll weigh it when I get a chance.
I have an Alana & I don't find it heavy. It isn't the prettiest bag but I find I use it a lot because having only one strap makes it so easy to carry. I agree though, it's not a hand held. My lightest winter bag is probably the magenta Hanover.

Hi SJ! I think I only find alana heavy cos I've been filling it up so much it hardly closes, then I've got my other work case to carry too - which has backpack straps & can be really heavy - so alana won't go on my shoulder properly any more. If it was the only bag I carried it would be no problem!

Interesting about the rox, thought it might be heavy

My heaviest bags are definitely my Emmys, they are overweight with nothing in them, but I don't care, that's part of the beauty of them. After that, I would say, my Bayswater, then Annie, then E/W Bays. My Roxy tote is surprisingly light compared to the others but I haven't taken her out for a test drive yet. I always wait a few days/weeks before using my new bags. I like to look at them for a while, then use them. I AM a nerd.

I am really looking forward too se how light the Mabel is in comparison. When I tried one in Stockholm It didn't feel like I had a bag at all compared to my Bays. I wonder if that feeling remains when I have packed it and uses it.

I am really looking forward too se how light the Mabel is in comparison. When I tried one in Stockholm It didn't feel like I had a bag at all compared to my Bays. I wonder if that feeling remains when I have packed it and uses it.

I've been using my Bays a lot since I got her, almost every day. But on the days that I take out Mabel I get so surprised at how little she weighs ... even with all my stuff in it. You'll love the Mabel, Salikons!