I would love your thoughts on the lining for my Francis and MO

Claudia

formerly Purse-onality
Nov 10, 2006
I have been e-mailing back and forth with Ignacio about ordering two bags. The first is the Francis laptop bag in olive, with antique brass hardware. The second is a mini-Ormala in purple ostrich with silver hardware, a zipper and a strap. Ignacio suggested a beige fabric interior for the Francis and a lilac for the MO.

I would appreciate any thoughts about suede vs. fabric and color suggestions.

Thanks

I'm partial to his suedes. I think they are very lightweight compared to other suedes I've seen. If you decide to go with suede, the gold metallic suede with the olive leather for the Francis, and I think that navy suede with the purple ostrich would be lovely.

The suede lining is absolutely LUXE!!! It's so buttery silky plushy smooth, you should definitely choose it for at least one of your bags. Of course, the downside is that it adds extra weight so I can understand why he'd recommend fabric for the Francis laptop bag.

Do you like your lining to contrast and provide a pop of colour? If you want your laptop bag to be classy and conservative, then beige is a good choice. However, if you want something vibrant and fun to peek through when you open your bag, then you can go for the metallic gold splash suede to compliment the olive, or something in the red family for a complimentary colour. :nuts:

The lilac suede would be gorgey with the purple ostrich! :heart:

The suede lining is absolutely LUXE!!! It's so buttery silky plushy smooth, you should definitely choose it for at least one of your bags. Of course, the downside is that it adds extra weight so I can understand why he'd recommend fabric for the Francis laptop bag.

Do you like your lining to contrast and provide a pop of colour? If you want your laptop bag to be classy and conservative, then beige is a good choice. However, if you want something vibrant and fun to peek through when you open your bag, then you can go for the metallic gold splash suede to compliment the olive, or something in the red family for a complimentary colour. :nuts:

The lilac suede would be gorgey with the purple ostrich! :heart:

I can see why fabric would be good on a laptop bag for that reason, too. Plus, w/ cords, plugs and metal pieces w/ disk drives, maybe the suede would not wear as well? I know the inside of my basic black laptop bag even has a tear inside...

I'd do the suede on the Ormala though. I think the lilac would be nice or the suedes w/ the dots or metallic sparkle are a lot of fun.

Love the lilac idea for your purple bag. That or grey suede would be my picks. For the Francis I would probably go with the beige fabric to keep it light enough for carrying a laptop. :yes: