High waist JEANS ? ? ?

Feb 5, 2008
Does anyone know where I can find high waisted denim jeans???

Preferbly not over the price of $150 please and I don't mind if they are not designer, I actually don't own any designer jeans anyways.

Thanks in advance!

I have a few pairs in the back of my closet from the 1970's - you can have them for free!:P

I have seen some in Victoria's Secret catalogue and they are not outlandishly priced.

Thanks chessmont and oh lala, what does your 1970s ones look like, LOL! I love vintage!

I've seen alot of nice ones in the VS catalogues like you have mentioned BUT I have never ordered any clothing pieces and I am not sure of my size... I am usually a 00, 0, and 1, so what exactly is that in VS sizes? Lol.

VS, Forever 21, Charlotte Russe, Burlington, probably any "trendy fashion" store I would imagine. I don't own any, so I don't really know, lol, but thats what I would guess. Good luck :heart:

Thanks chessmont and oh lala, what does your 1970s ones look like, LOL! I love vintage!

I've seen alot of nice ones in the VS catalogues like you have mentioned BUT I have never ordered any clothing pieces and I am not sure of my size... I am usually a 00, 0, and 1, so what exactly is that in VS sizes? Lol.

Hmm, they are now 4 sizes too small, but my faves (I don't really still have them, I was "puling your leg")

Faves were these very cool high waist, trouser-style pockets, sewn in front seams down the leg and with cuffs. Wide leg trouser style. I think I saw some similar in the VS catalogue recently.

Then I had a pair fairly high waist with exposed button fly - loved those! Man, you are taking me back to highschool!

Don't even get me started on making our flares into real bellbottoms by sewing in cool, print fabrics into the side seams down at the bottom to make wide hippie bell-bottoms. (and tight-fitting as can be on top and thigh) And then sometimes we would buy fringe of some other type of fabric, and sew them to the bottom of our flares.

We also wore low waist in the seventies - I could never find them low enough in the stores so my mom somehow altered them to be really really low. (how cool was that!) Then wear with a wide wide belt - gee, it sounds like the last few seasons of this century, eh?

As to VSC fit - it seems pretty true to size. I am a 12 or 14 depending on how I'm doing in the eating dept., and that is also what I wear in VS jeans.

Thanks for the stroll down memory lane!

seven for all mankind makes a "hi-waist ginger" which is super cute. you can usually find at least a couple of washes on sale for less than $100 if you look hard enough. i bought a pair a few months ago for around $60 at intermix.

I recently bought a pair of high waist (although not too high) from H&M for $35-40. They have a huge collection of jeans especially in the Divided section but that's for juniors. I went in there to get some basics and grabbed those jeans.

check out a Saks off fifth, NM last call or Nordstrom rack. A friend of mine that lives in the US only gets her jeans from those stores and gets great deals. In fact, when I was visiting her, we went to off fifth and they had a coupon too and i remember she got a pair of Joe's high waist jeans for like $60 or $70.

I recently bought a pair of high waist (although not too high) from H&M for $35-40. They have a huge collection of jeans especially in the Divided section but that's for juniors. I went in there to get some basics and grabbed those jeans.

ITA! I got mine from H&M and I tried on like 4 totally different pairs so they have a lot! Good prices too!