So honesty, what do YOU think about Lily?

New2Coach

O.G.
Jul 26, 2007
I am still undecided :confused1: on this bag! I cannot possibly get one from an outlet so I will have to resort to the bay for this bag. It is still a lot of money ($400+) for a bag I have only seen online. Not too mention if it comes & it's not the bag for me. Everytime I see a pic on TPF I fall in :heart:, BUT will I really love the bag once it gets here? I think what draws me into the Lily is the 2 sections in the bag! Please tell me YOUR honest opinions. The pros & cons of the bag. Should I really go ahead & get the bag or just wait for the one I know is right for me?

Sorry, for another long post, but I am going insane everytime I see her! I need to make a desicion on this & move on. Darn TPF does this to me everytime. Just when I think I am content, someone goes and gets another bag to show off:P.

(thanks for putting up with me:rolleyes:)

I think it's just okay. I haven't seen a leather one IRL, but I tried on a denim Lily and it just didn't work for me. I didn't think the drop was long enough and I thought it was bulky under the arms. However, if you think it's TDF, then I would go ahead and get it on ebay anyway. If it doesn't do it for ya you can always resell it and I doubt you take much of a loss, if any. If you don't go for it you might regret it.

I'd love to try out a leather one IRL, as I have not been impressed by the denim or canvas ones that I have actually seen. The leather looks much better to me, BUT I would want to know how heavy it really is while still empty.

Great thread! I'm on the fence about Lily too! I mean, I KNOW I want her because of all the beautiful pics (especially modeling pics) and the legacy lining, etc. But, if you get it from eBay, you can't really return/exchange her if she's not the bag for you. PLUS, I can't seem to get my hands on her anyway...my outlet doesn't have her, and I'm getting a little nuts :Push:. I guess paying $400+ for a $700+ bag via eBay is still a good deal...

Great thread! I'm on the fence about Lily too! I mean, I KNOW I want her because of all the beautiful pics (especially modeling pics) and the legacy lining, etc. But, if you get it from eBay, you can't really return/exchange her if she's not the bag for you. PLUS, I can't seem to get my hands on her anyway...my outlet doesn't have her, and I'm getting a little nuts :Push:. I guess paying $400+ for a $700+ bag via eBay is still a good deal...

Ebay sounds alot better than JAX right now lol

Lilly won't fit under my arm and on my shoulder, so that already kinda knocked her out of the running. That's how I wear most of my purses, if they can't be worn on the shoulder more times than not, then I probably won't even attempt to wear it or buy it :smile: That's just me tho...

I love the look of the bag and was so happy when i had a black leather one on hold for me during the clearance sale. However when I actually tried on the bag, it didn't feel right or comfortable at all. I knew if i purchased it, it wouldn't get much use so I put it back. I still love the look but maybe if the straps were longer? I'm not sure...

Lilly won't fit under my arm and on my shoulder, so that already kinda knocked her out of the running. That's how I wear most of my purses, if they can't be worn on the shoulder more times than not, then I probably won't even attempt to wear it or buy it :smile: That's just me tho...

See, I also need a bag that will fit on my shoulder. So that is one big turnoff! I have the Chelsea satchel and it barely fits on my shoulder. It is the bag that gets used the least around here.
Thanks for the tip!

I was lucky enough to find a black medium Lily at my outlet last week. This is how I feel basically... she's absolutely stunning, classy & timeless. I love the different compartments & find it easy to get in & out of. The cons are that she IS heavy, at least IMO anyway. She doesn't fit comfortably on my shoulder (at the moment... time to start that diet LOL) & does hurt my arm after a while. That said, she is so worth it. I personally wouldn't have paid too much more for her since she's not an everyday bag for me, but I couldn't pass her up at just about $200.

I love the look of the bag and was so happy when i had a black leather one on hold for me during the clearance sale. However when I actually tried on the bag, it didn't feel right or comfortable at all. I knew if i purchased it, it wouldn't get much use so I put it back. I still love the look but maybe if the straps were longer? I'm not sure...
I have nevery tried on lily but think it is a TDF bag that I wish I had. I felt this same way about MAndy, loved her from a distance but when I went to try her on she was like a log right under my armpit