Scarves for men

allanrvj

O.G.
Apr 6, 2007
I confess, I am slowly being drawn to the scarf realm. I don't even want to go there (must save for the bag) but since I've been seeing pretty pictures such as these:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I've been wanting scarves more and more. And since the cold months are here, I feel like I need to add some, uh, sofeezticashun to my outfits.

Do you have some pictures of guys wearing Hermes scarves? Do you have some suggestions as to which kind of scarves guys should get? Post it here and give me some ideas before I buy one, if ever I convince myself that I *need* one.

How much do they cost, by the way?

seton... :sos:

Ok here a couple from the sartorialist I love scarves on men! (I have no idea if they are all H scarves) but I like that you can use a full scarf or a pocket square!! I wonder if men can wear plisse scarves? Happy scarf hunting!! I have no clue about the price.

Attachments

• 422134948_7fb3060bd7.jpg
    422134948_7fb3060bd7.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 1,697
  • 422134989_dea87a8a53.jpg
    422134989_dea87a8a53.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 1,531
  • Greenwall1.jpg
    Greenwall1.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 2,095
  • MRLnvyscarfweb.jpg
    MRLnvyscarfweb.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 1,819
  • SunglassesScarf.jpg
    SunglassesScarf.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 5,129
another scan from the great MrsS. Beloved India again.

Allan, you should definitely get at least one. Get one from eBay if you are on a budget. The second pic you posted is Cavalcadour. Which looks similar to Sangles, a scarf that you can get at a good price on eBay.

If you want the whole H experience and want to buy at H, most of the larger H boutiques are suppose to have a special section in the men's dept of 90cm scarves in CWs not at the ladies scarf counter. These are issued specifically for MEN. Most of the colorways are usually olive or brown or navy. I always go to the men's dept to shop there because my local H never put these scarves in any other dept and i miss out.

I have a few Mondes that show menscarfs. I will scan later and post for u.

thanks, seton and Julide. for the pictures and the advice. I'll definitely check out the scarves at the men's section.

goodness, this forum is terrible. I'd be bankrupt in no time!

KIDDING!

My favorite SA never wears ties, only scarves, or a gavroche. Some of the brighter designs can be a little camp on him, but usually they are very elegant and cool and different. Just like you allan. ;)

If you want the whole H experience and want to buy at H, most of the larger H boutiques are suppose to have a special section in the men's dept of 90cm scarves in CWs not at the ladies scarf counter. These are issued specifically for MEN. Most of the colorways are usually olive or brown or navy. I always go to the men's dept to shop there because my local H never put these scarves in any other dept and i miss out.

I didn't know about the special colourways in the men counters. Given I love neutral tones I will keep this in mind for my next visits! Thanks Seton, your knowledge never ceases to amaze me.
Allan - you must get at least one, and of course you have to post pics so we can all admire!

I didn't know about the special colourways in the men counters. Given I love neutral tones I will keep this in mind for my next visits! Thanks Seton, your knowledge never ceases to amaze me.
Allan - you must get at least one, and of course you have to post pics so we can all admire!

Me too!! ITA!! Thanks seton I am going to the men section next time!!!!!

Allan let us know what you decide!! I can't wait!

Youre welcome! :smile:
Again, I specify that you will see this in the larger H boutiques. Mine is quite large so they follow the protocol to a T but I have also been to small boutiques and they just put the manscarfs with the women's

Ahhh yes...the Hermes scarf bug bit me first. I started collecting them a few years ago for their artistic qualities, but now I wear them (I'm a guy) in similar fashion to those adds that were posted. I love them...but people are often taken aback by a guy wearing a scarf...no matter how masculine the print (Faubourg at Night in gris for example). It's very fashion forward in some ways, but also extremely classic in others.

Go for it! I agree, you can get some good deals on authentic scarves on ebay. Watch out, however, collecting them also becomes addictive!

Oh...there is one downside...watch out for your beard. Whiskers can snag the silk. And I find the smaller vintage scarves do not wear as well against an unshaven neck/face...so keep this in mind.

Any other guys out there who wear Hermes scarves? Come on...there's got to be another!

I will dear. I'm going to H this week (I think) and I hope I find Beloved India in there, in the colorway of that one in the ad.

Last edited: