I Saw The New Line of DYLANS Last Nite!

cooper1

wag more, bark less
O.G.
Aug 11, 2007
DH and I went out to dinner in a swanky part of Atlanta where there are all these nice little shops, boutiques, and restaurants, and as we walked by window shopping one of my fav boutiques, that green speedy caught my eye!
I was like "OMG we have to go in! They have the new LP's!!!"
So we went in and looked at all of them. They said they just started carrying LP about 2 weeks ago. They only have the whole new Dylan line (no other styles). The leaf green and whiskey colors are amazing! Not as crazy about the crimson IRL as I thought I would be, and black, well, is black and is really nice.
Aside from the lovely styles and colors, one thing really surprised me: the bright shiny gold hardware. If you look online, the hardware does not look so "bling-y". It is IRL.
I guess I am "old school" because I love the antiqued brass hardware on the original Dylans. This is some seriously bright gold! No antiquing here!

One thing though: there was a Dylan Style that was not on the website. It looked like the shape of the Dylan Speedy, but had two top zipper closures (like the Croco double zippy), but much bigger and was in the smooth Leaf leather. It had one straight zippered pocket across the front (not like the front pocket of the Speedy). Double handles, but no side rings for a detachable strap. It was awesome! I looked inside to see if there was a tag with the name of the style but there was only the price tag ($595) and the SA didn't know the style name.....
Hmmmm.....
An LP mystery....

This is a picture of the leaf green Dylan Zip Tote. They do not have the Large Dylan Speedy available in the Leaf Green yet on their website. The color is gorgeous IRL!!!!
:drool::drool::drool:

Attachments

• leaf green lp.jpg
    leaf green lp.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 58
Oh I LOVE it!
I was spending way too much money in Chanel and wanted a nice everyday bag and also to pick up a couple holiday gift bags - I think this may be the ticket.

Is there a place we can purchase LP that gives a discount?

Oh I LOVE it!
I was spending way too much money in Chanel and wanted a nice everyday bag and also to pick up a couple holiday gift bags - I think this may be the ticket.

Kataphileo.com is an excellent online shop that will email you their sales if you become a "member" which is just your name, address, email address, etc. Their sales are great, too (generally 10-20% off and then free shipping). In my opinion, they have the best CS as well.
:tup::yes:

Oh I LOVE it!

You can purchase directly from LPcollection.com

SAS0810 Exp. 12/31/08 10% off/free shipping (I am not sure of the free shipping though)

Or from these sites...there are a bunch more on Grechenscloset.com. I have to say though, I love ClutchSeattle.com!! :tup:

ClutchSeattle.com Grechen 20%
stefanibags.com Grechen20 20%

Shopgoldyn.com Goldyn20 20%

ShopRapunzels.com Grechen 15% (watch for their return policy...)

Good luck!

DH and I went out to dinner in a swanky part of Atlanta where there are all these nice little shops, boutiques, and restaurants, and as we walked by window shopping one of my fav boutiques, that green speedy caught my eye!
I was like "OMG we have to go in! They have the new LP's!!!"
So we went in and looked at all of them. They said they just started carrying LP about 2 weeks ago. They only have the whole new Dylan line (no other styles). The leaf green and whiskey colors are amazing! Not as crazy about the crimson IRL as I thought I would be, and black, well, is black and is really nice.
Aside from the lovely styles and colors, one thing really surprised me: the bright shiny gold hardware. If you look online, the hardware does not look so "bling-y". It is IRL.
I guess I am "old school" because I love the antiqued brass hardware on the original Dylans. This is some seriously bright gold! No antiquing here!

One thing though: there was a Dylan Style that was not on the website. It looked like the shape of the Dylan Speedy, but had two top zipper closures (like the Croco double zippy), but much bigger and was in the smooth Leaf leather. It had one straight zippered pocket across the front (not like the front pocket of the Speedy). Double handles, but no side rings for a detachable strap. It was awesome! I looked inside to see if there was a tag with the name of the style but there was only the price tag ($595) and the SA didn't know the style name.....
Hmmmm.....
An LP mystery....

Didn't you find the Crimson to be more faded than the rest of the colors? I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Dylan Croc in Cognac. :heart:

Didn't you find the Crimson to be more faded than the rest of the colors? I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Dylan Croc in Cognac. :heart:

YES!! Exactly! I was really interested in the crimson when I saw it online, but was very disappointed in it IRL. Too faded and aged IMO.
The leaf is HOTT!!!
I didn't see any of the croco bags; they only had the smooth Dylan line....
I am still wanting to see that Croco Viola IRL!!!
:nuts:

YES!! Exactly! I was really interested in the crimson when I saw it online, but was very disappointed in it IRL. Too faded and aged IMO.
The leaf is HOTT!!!
I didn't see any of the croco bags; they only had the smooth Dylan line....
I am still wanting to see that Croco Viola IRL!!!
:nuts:

I saw it in both the satchel and the shoulder style. It was interesting, the satchel seemed to be a lighter colored/ more purple-y than the shoulder, which had a lot more black in it. The satchel on e*ay looked lighter as well.
I wonder if they did that on purpose? :thinking:

...One thing though: there was a Dylan Style that was not on the website. It looked like the shape of the Dylan Speedy, but had two top zipper closures (like the Croco double zippy), but much bigger and was in the smooth Leaf leather. It had one straight zippered pocket across the front (not like the front pocket of the Speedy). Double handles, but no side rings for a detachable strap. It was awesome! I looked inside to see if there was a tag with the name of the style but there was only the price tag ($595) and the SA didn't know the style name.....
Hmmmm.....
An LP mystery....

Dani said that the wholesale bags are sometimes different styles ! She had never seen that one. I guess it would be called LEAF double zippy. Did it have
the brass ID plate ? Was the lining brown or zebra ?
As much as I love my leaf shoulder messenger, I'd have caved for that bag !
Blingy hardware and all.

...One thing though: there was a Dylan Style that was not on the website. It looked like the shape of the Dylan Speedy, but had two top zipper closures (like the Croco double zippy), but much bigger and was in the smooth Leaf leather. It had one straight zippered pocket across the front (not like the front pocket of the Speedy). Double handles, but no side rings for a detachable strap. It was awesome! I looked inside to see if there was a tag with the name of the style but there was only the price tag ($595) and the SA didn't know the style name.....
Hmmmm.....
An LP mystery....
Coop, did it have brown or zebra lining ? brass ID plate outside ?
I guess it's a Leaf Double Zippy ! Dani said sometimes bags for wholesale are different and not available on line, but she'd not seen that one.
Much as I love my leaf shoulder mesenger, I'd have caved for that bag ~ bling
and all !
(For those wondering, the leaf in pics thread shows the true color)

BJara, think there was some lighting difference on those Violas ?
Flash makes everything look lighter/brighter.