Mulberry Spotting in Cheltenham!

Cat_uk

O.G.
Apr 1, 2007
I was shopping in Cheltenham with my sister yesterday, took my Oak Phoebe out for a spin. While I was there I saw 2 Oak Bays, one really battered, lovely. My sister couldn't work out what I was staring at :P

Anyways went into HoF, and said the most beautiful Navy patient Bays, it had silver hardware and I :heart: it! Just amazing.

Also had a real look at the mabel, never been a big fan mainly becasue of the leather. But I saw the mini black mabel and it was so soft and squishy-so that could be on my list, hmmm.:Push:

Anyway had a great day Mulberry spotting. Anyone else see any mulberrys over the weekend?

I am off to Chelts next weekend and will check out that navy Bays at Cav House. I love that shop, best HoF ever!! Did you visit Cath Kidston while you were there? Lovely stuff!

I usually take my oak Bays when I go. I cannot wait to move!

Yeah, it is most def worth a look!

Yep, I love Cath Kidson, bought a zip up plastic purse thing there yesterday to keep ink pens in (that way if they leak they won't wreck my bag.)

I'm very jealous of ur upcoming move.....

Oh Cat, would you go patent in the bays? That sounds really exciting!

Funny you brought this thread up, I never used to bag spot until I got interested in Mulberry, mostly thanks to the ladies here on this forum I might add.

So I have been spotting Mulberry ever since. I was walking through one of london's stations spotting Mulberry bags, saw an oak east west being proudly toted around which was quite sweet, and a really small mulberry that I didn't recognise but the lady had such a challenged sense of style so it didn't work for her sadly.

And then I couldn't believe it, two women on seperate occasions Mulberry spotted me when I was walking through the station with my chocolate Bays, lol :smile: Hoorah! I'm now part of the Mulberry set!

Also saw the most gorgeous, what appeared to be well aged oak Bays - do Bays go a slightly rich orangey goldy colour? If so it was gorgeous whatever the colour was! Would love an Oak something in my collection!

Cat, how often do you use your Oak Bays? Approximately how many years does it take to get to that gorgeous patina?

Last edited:
A navy bays with silver hardwear sounds lovely Cat and the mini mabel sounds fab. I really like the look of the mini mabels. They are so cute.

Unfortunately did not see any mulberries last night while out on the town, just my own black somerset shoulder bag (which is a brill night out bag) hee hee

Hiya Maple, I've had my bays since April and have used it most of the time since then. Have u seen Flossie's Oak Bays? Her's is beautiful and she said its 3 yrs old, so it will take some time but its def worth it!

I wouldn't go for a patient bays myself, I like neutral bags that go with everything. Just not brave enough for a colourful bag, but this bays is the most tempted I've been (well not that I could afford it now, but hey!)
Oh and can I just say how pretty u and ur new bays look? Love the modeling pic!

A navy bays with silver hardwear sounds lovely Cat and the mini mabel sounds fab. I really like the look of the mini mabels. They are so cute.

Unfortunately did not see any mulberries last night while out on the town, just my own black somerset shoulder bag (which is a brill night out bag) hee hee

It was stunning. My sister was :drool: over the somerset yesterday, good taste hey?

I know what you are saying Cat, I have been tempted by the grey Bayswater but then I don't really have the right look to pull it off, plus patent can tend to mark easily, grained leather is at least a bit easier to fix should it get knocked about.

Thanks so much for the compliment, I love my bag, I was so excited to wear it - it put a smile on my husband's face to see my excitement, and that for him makes it worthwhile, seeing an item really appreciated. I think that's what I love about the Mulberry group here, the bags are well respected, loved and used, and the people are so friendly too.

I've tried to use my LV Speedy 30 in monogram canvas but I pull it out of its dustbag and then return back to the cupboard. I don't believe I will ever use this bag, not sure it will age well, for me personally it tries too hard, and finally I was treated appallingly by Selfridges LV store when I went to buy it - I was 7 months pregnant at the time, and wanted to pamper myself before baby arrived, I stood in front of the security guard waiting for my turn to be let in (crowd control) and he waved a whole group of asian women behind me instead, I stood there for almost half an hour while he continued to ignore me and let large groups of tourists in, eventually my hormones got the better of me and said excuse me but why are you letting people in behind me, and his reaction was, it's your fault, you were standing in the wrong place!! - I was right in front of his nose behind the rope, and the asian women were standing directly behind me!

I put a complaint in to Selfridges as I was so upset to be discriminated against, and they didn't follow it up, they ignored it - which was a bit obvious why, they would have thought the security guard did the right thing letting groups of tourists in first instead of a pregnant woman - one wallet against fifteen. Needless to say I haven't shopped there since!

So I've been put off the brand for life I think. But Mulberry on the other hand, is an absolute delight :smile:

Last edited:
I know what you are saying Cat, I have been tempted by the grey Bayswater but then I don't really have the right look to pull it off, plus patent can tend to mark easily, grained leather is at least a bit easier to fix should it get knocked about.

Thanks so much for the compliment, I love my bag, I was so excited to wear it - it put a smile on my husband's face, and that for him makes it worthwhile, seeing an item really appreciated. I think that's what I love about the Mulberry group here, the bags are well respected, loved and used, and the people are so friendly too.

I've tried to use my LV Speedy 30 in monogram canvas but I pull it out of its dustbag and then return back to the cupboard. I don't believe I will ever use this bag, not sure it will age well, for me personally it tries too hard, and finally I was treated appallingly by Selfridges LV store when I went to buy it - I was 7 months pregnant at the time, and wanted to pamper myself before baby arrived, I stood in front of the security guard waiting for my turn to be let in (crowd control) and he waved a whole group of asian women behind me instead, I stood there for almost half an hour while he continued to ignore me and let large groups of tourists in, eventually my hormones got the better of me and said excuse me but why are you letting people in behind me, and his reaction was, it's your fault, you were standing in the wrong place!! - I was right in front of his nose behind the rope, and the asian women were standing directly behind me!

I put a complaint in to Selfridges as I was so upset to be discriminated against, and they didn't follow it up, they ignored it - which was a bit obvious why, they would have thought the security guard did the right thing letting groups of tourists in first instead of a pregnant woman - one wallet against fifteen. Needless to say I haven't shopped there since!

So I've been put off the brand for life I think. But Mulberry on the other hand, is an absolute delight :smile:

Oh thats so awful, what an awful man :amazed:I feel really mad for you:mad:
I bet u were upset at the time. I have to say I find Mulberry staff much more friendly than those in LV, I bought most of my LV from B'ham and they aren't too bad, but someone at work told me their teenage daughter was asked to leave!!!!! How rude is that.

I think Mulberry is much more subtle, and you def get more for ur money. I have the speedy in damier and must say I haven't used it much.....

What I don't like about LV is that it is about the most copied brand there is. There is so much fake walking around in the streets. And I don't like it when a brand is so obvious visible. Mulberry doesn't "scream" its name.

I know what u mean Bagcrazy, I don't ever use my LV for work as they are too recognizable and it wouldn't be approriate in my job (social work) whereas my mulberry look smart and are hard wearing but don't scream designer.

Thanks so much for the compliment, I love my bag, I was so excited to wear it - it put a smile on my husband's face to see my excitement, and that for him makes it worthwhile, seeing an item really appreciated. I think that's what I love about the Mulberry group here, the bags are well respected, loved and used, and the people are so friendly too.

:wtf: Thats awful! Stick with the mulberries, you cant go wrong!! :tup:

Oh thats so awful, what an awful man :amazed:I feel really mad for you:mad:
I bet u were upset at the time. I have to say I find Mulberry staff much more friendly than those in LV, I bought most of my LV from B'ham and they aren't too bad, but someone at work told me their teenage daughter was asked to leave!!!!! How rude is that.

I think Mulberry is much more subtle, and you def get more for ur money. I have the speedy in damier and must say I haven't used it much.....

Totally agree - most people wont even spot that its designer, they just think its a nice, well made bag, and thats what I like :tup: