Which RMs do we *dislike*?? (and why)

RaquelleBelle

*Bags*Charms*Toys*
Jul 5, 2008
Hi all!:heart:

I noticed some of you got to talking about this in the chat about ebay deals thread, and I know some of the other designer threads have a thread like this, so I thought why not???:amuse:

We Minkies are a kind people who won't pelt cyber-rocks at eachother for our truthful opinions!:angel: (I hope anyway!);)

Mods, just delete this is there's already a thread like this! I searched and couldn't find anything like it.

Whoosh, okay, so I guess I'll go 1st.

I don't care for.....SAGE! I guess I don't like it b/c I tend to go for vibrant colors if I wear a color, so if I wanted to buy a green bag, I'd go with something like, say, emerald. I dunno, I guess sage just doesn't "speak" to me or something.

Umm, let's see...I'm also not a huge fan of the patent leathers, although I'm not 100% sure on that one as I have not seen those in person.

Your turn!

I don't care for the Royal Blue Basket Weave MAM/MAB. The color combo is horrendous in my opinion and for the love of god I can't understand why the price is so inflated on fleabay!

Personally, I am a MAM fan, not really a Nikki girl. I never understood the hype about it, but I respect that its a good bag. Some people just prefer different types of hobos. =] I for one need it to zip up!

I don't care for the Royal Blue Basket Weave MAM/MAB. The color combo is horrendous in my opinion and for the love of god I can't understand why the price is so inflated on fleabay!

Personally, I am a MAM fan, not really a Nikki girl. I never understood the hype about it, but I respect that its a good bag. Some people just prefer different types of hobos. =] I for one need it to zip up!

I like the look of the Nikki as a hobo for the most part - but I totally feel ya on the zip-up issue!! lol.

The Plan B is a good alternative to the Nikki IMHO if you're looking for a RM hobo that zips. I know I'm in the minority here, but I've got one and love it!!

The Plan B is a good alternative to the Nikki IMHO if you're looking for a RM hobo that zips. I know I'm in the minority here, but I've got one and love it!!

Thats very true. There is a tangerine Plan B on sale at Shop Bop right now. Its pretty cute. Which color do you have?

I think I will stick with my two MAMs for right now. I think I want to diversify my collection with other brands (as much as I love RM!). I am eyeing the new Coach Zoe in crimson, or maybe a LV Tivoli... :tup:

Verrrry true!:yes:

Are there any particular RM styles or colors etc etc you're not a big fan of lmartinx1?

He he this thread isn't getting very much response, I'm wondering if ppl are scared.

Maybe I should have phrased it "which RMs are not your favorite" lol

i know it is a less popular style but i dislike the market tote. it looks like it has two eyes staring at me and i do not think it is cute at all. i also don't care much for the combo french tote.

Last edited:
MAB and MAM, they look like suitcases.

:nuts: I didn't think I would ever hear this one! Thanks for being so honest, I love it! I love hearing other people's opinions on these bags. It makes me stop and think, kwim?

Like IcyBlue's distaste for the Royal BW - I find that unexpected pairing of royal blue w/ brown to be an awesome color combo. But I do see where it could be seen as a clash to some.

Just like I can see where some might think the MAM and MAB look like mini suitcases. I guess what suretobuy sees as "suitcase" I see a classic and simple.

I'll admit, at first glance I thought the MAM and MAB were boring and square (I know, I know!!!), but in just a short amount of time I realized that was what made me love them - the fact that they are bags that let either myself/my outfit/the beautiful leather of the purse stand out!

I guess I find the MAM and MAB to be a sort of "refresher" from some of the designer bags with the designer's name plastered all over it. This goes for all RM bags, actually!

Okay, that was my little ramble lol...

i know it is a less popular style but i dislike the market tote. it looks like it has two eyes staring at me

^^^ LOL LOL!!!:roflmfao:^^^

I never saw 2 eyes on the market tote before, haha I'm about to go find a quick pic of one to see. thank u for that yellowtulip, everyone is sleeping here except me and I just laughed rather loudly and if anyone heard me they surely think I'm nuts now!

Cheri - Reminds me of Louis Vuitton's Soft Briefcase. And I don't like it due to its "briefcase" look. Plus, I just dislike those oversized luggage tags too.
Duo Solid/Combo - Definitely looks like luggage type to me. Plus the combo reminds me of the backside of denim jeans. I prefer the MAB/MAM bags. They seem more suitable for everyday use.
Eco Tote - Looks boring compared to the original Bread & Wine tote.
Market Tote - Not cute. And like yellowtulip said, it looks like it has eyes. It's kind of creepy.
Morning After Mini Combo in Cloud Grey/Amber - Ugh. Is this Cloud Grey/Amber?! It doesn't seem right.
cloud_grey_amber1.jpg

Either way, the colors are ugly. Whatever they are.

MAB Tye-Dye: So outdated.
Nightcap - I can't put my finger to it, but something about this clutch I just don't like at all.

I dislike all MAB's. They just are huge and look too much like a suitcase. And The Plan B. I love hobos but there is something about this one that really turns me off.

As for colors....any or all of the Gray bags including the Cloud grey look dreary to me. My mood is so affected by the weather so a gray bag makes me feel blue-er.

The Duo Combo always reminded me of something, but I could never quite put my finger on what it was. It IS the backside of denim jeans! Which for some, may or may not be a bad thing lol.

I do find the Eco Tote to be boring, too.

And as for the Cloud Gray/Amber duo- at FIRST, I truly HATED this color combo. Like, despised. Especially being one to be more about vibrant blues or simple chocolate browns and blacks for neutrals. But over time, that dang cloud gray and amber colors are slowly growing on me as a unique neutral two-tone. I wish the amber color were a bit less yellow-y and a bit more beige-y though, if that makes sense. And I'd prefer if it didn't have a sheen. Ofcourse, I've never seen this one in person so I can't say anything for certain.

I dislike all MAB's. They just are huge and look too much like a suitcase. And The Plan B. I love hobos but there is something about this one that really turns me off.

As for colors....any or all of the Gray bags including the Cloud grey look dreary to me. My mood is so affected by the weather so a gray bag makes me feel blue-er.

I do hear ya on the whole mood being affected by weather!!

Of all the grays, I prefer the dark gray best, on the dark gray mattie.

(maybe if it was dark gray/amber duo it would look less blah, aillae? I think it would give better contrast, anyway.)

In fact, I think a dark gray/amber combo MA w/ no sheen would look pretty hot! (for me, anyway.):graucho: