dating your bags

No Cute

cupcake butt
Aug 17, 2008
And I'm not talking about taking them out to dinner and hoping to cop a lucky feel...I mean, dates in the bags. I'm going to ask Ignacio to emboss the production year in each of my bags. Since I'm only getting 1 or 2 (or ten) a year, I'd like to keep track of my tastes and such that way. And then, one day when niece gets them all, she'll see the progression (and hopefully will like handbags by then...lol). Unless of course I get granddaughters, and then I'm certain that the purse-addiction gene is a dominant one, and then the dates will be fully appreciated.

No Cute, I think this is a really great idea!!! :idea: I'm not big on the personalization, although I can see it being really useful for dating each bag ~ especially since you'll hand your bags down to a family member. :tup:

And I'm not talking about taking them out to dinner and hoping to cop a lucky feel...I mean, dates in the bags. I'm going to ask Ignacio to emboss the production year in each of my bags. Since I'm only getting 1 or 2 (or ten) a year, I'd like to keep track of my tastes and such that way. And then, one day when niece gets them all, she'll see the progression (and hopefully will like handbags by then...lol). Unless of course I get granddaughters, and then I'm certain that the purse-addiction gene is a dominant one, and then the dates will be fully appreciated.

That's a great idea! Uh, how come you're just sayin' this NOW....I wonder if it's too late to ask for this in my bags!! :thinking:

No Cute, I think this is a really great idea!!! :idea: I'm not big on the personalization, although I can see it being really useful for dating each bag ~ especially since you'll hand your bags down to a family member. :tup:

Ya, me neither. Only the tribute bag with Mom's name will have any personalization, but then I was thinking about going through all Mom's stuff and how my brother and I had stories for some things and knew nothing of others. Well, dates would help with history. I totally see these as becoming family items one day...dh FINALLY looked at the site with me and I showed him Ormala, and he said, "ya, I get it. They are totally collectible." So he's not interested but supportive :rolleyes: But as I search out info on vintage clutches from Mom (1), dh's grandma (1), and a mystery clutch from one of them...well, the searching is getting annoying. And I will have granddaughters, right? :P

No Cute, that's a great idea. The only thing I do this with are my books. I am a little obsessive with it, and started doing this when I was in high school. I usually write the city or season (like Christmas), and the year. I have moved over 20 times since high school, so it helps me remember what was going on in my life at the time.

Like you, I have this little fantasy that maybe my nieces will have them one day, and think, so that's where Aunt Kuwa was when she was reading this!

Don't forget that you'll have daughters-in-law, even if you have no granddaughters. I know my mother & grandmothers have been pretty good to them with family stuff, and they appreciate the heirlooms.

Yes yes, dil's...hope so. Very true, Kuwa.

I guess my bro's wife is the example, and she wouldn't take anything of Mom's, maybe because of me being the only daughter? Don't know. So I was assuming that was common, then again, my other sil is the exact opposite: Dh's brother's wife. Everytime I see her at the IL's, she seems to be angling for something.