How long does package usually sit at US customs?

gMbt

O.G.
Dec 13, 2007
I sent out a package EMS to the US last Tue (23 Sept).Tracking shows that it arrived in the US on 24 Sept and ever since then the status is

Your item is being processed by United States Customs. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Is it normal that the status is still like this?It's important that I get accurate tracking info as it's a return...:crybaby:arggghhh I'm so worried now!

I've been watching one for about the same time...I mailed mine to Canada on the 16th and it just cleared customs yesterday (the 25th). I'd wait a little longer before getting too worried.

Thanks.I'm worried because normally when I receive packages from overseas they leave customs pretty quickly..never this long.

^^^ I agree.
But for some reason they are taking longer to go thru customs.

I actually have received a bag from Hong Kong in Three days. :tup:

However my last overseas transaction took over 2 1/2 weeks. It wasn't my sellers fault - it was held up by the carrier and then stuck in customs.

At least you know that the buyer sent it. You can track it. Hopefully Customs will release it. :tup:

i just ordered a pair of CL Pythons from Hong Kong. Seller shipped Monday and it arrived yesterday. It took 2 days to get to US and then 1 day to clear customs and was delivered to my house the next day...

So it could all depend.

Don't worry..I had a handbag being sent from England....I got the same message on the 19th...it had entered into New York at customs.....I was concerned because there were no updates at all as of 3am on the 24th....but then I checked around 10am on the 24th and I got a message update that my bag had arrived in my home city at 7am that morning for processing......by 1:30 pm that same day I had the package in my hands.

I don't think they update the site that often.