ARGHHHH missing item from bag!!!

luvednotspoiled

<3 <3 <3
O.G.
Feb 18, 2007
So sorry in advance, because I had no idea where to put this post!

So I did not feel like studying so I went to TJ Maxx to look for a pizza cutter, and I start browsing thru the clothes and find the CUTEST BCBG sweater....original price about $200, on sale for $30 bucks!!! So excited, so I grabbed the stuff paid and left the store....now this evening I take the bag out to put stuff away, and MY SWEATER IS MISSING!!!

I'm so upset!! :sad: WHAT DO I DO!!! I don't even care for the $30 I just want the sweater!!! :sad:

arghhhh HELP! please :sad:

Were you charged for the sweater on your receipt? If you were, go back to TJ Maxx and talk with the manager. There's a chance the sales associate who rang you up later noticed that she still had the sweater and reported the situation to her manager.

I was watching one of those judge judy shows just yesterday.

This similar question was answered on "what should I do if I leave the store and realize the item i paid for isnt in the bag?"

the judge says its your responsibility to check ur bags before leaving. ultimately, theres no way to prove it so you may not be able to do anything about it.

I'd call and see if the associate realized that it was left by a customer and maybe they put it to the side. This happened to me before, and they held the item for me. If the associate didn't do that, there's no way for the store to know that you didn't leave with the item. I feel your pain. Good luck!

I'd call and see if the associate realized that it was left by a customer and maybe they put it to the side. This happened to me before, and they held the item for me. If the associate didn't do that, there's no way for the store to know that you didn't leave with the item. I feel your pain. Good luck!

:yes:, Many stores have policies in place for when this happens.

If they have cameras aimed and recording at the registers they'll probably be able to tell you what happened...I did that once where I was checking a customers bag for sensors and accidentally left an item out of the bag. we just keep it in a safe area and hope they'll call back!

Thanks guys! I was lucky, the guy that checked me out was super sweet and had left it in a bag with a note attached about how he forgot to put it in the bag!! :smile: So i have my new fav sweater!! :smile:

LOVE IT!!! thanks guys!!! :smile: