Why aren't we allowed to know where the datecode is?

Status
Not open for further replies.

puccaandgarufan

puccaandgarufan
Sep 15, 2007
Today I got a Damier Ebony Pochette Wallet and I asked my SA where the datecode was and she said she is not allowed to say and that it would have no meaning to me because it is just the store's reference, however, if it's the store's reference why don't they put it on the reciept?

I said I wanted to know the wallet's birthday and my SA looked at me funny.

Is it too much to ask to know where it is? Why wasn't I told? Is this what happens? I'm new so I don't really know.

Will wait for answers

Thanks in advance everyone! :smile:

SA's aren't allowed to discuss how to decipher date codes, etc. I always saw it as a security measure... who knows, some counterfeiter could go in and get as much info as he can to make his fakes better. :cursing:

However, we're here to help though! Let's use SP2088.
SP- made in France
First and third number, 2 and 8- Week it was made
Second and fourth number, 0 and 8- Year it was made

So SP2088 means that the item was made in France on the 28th week of 2008. :tup:

The date code for the Pochette Wallet is heat stamped behind one of the flaps along the seam. It's a little hard to see/find on SLG's, so don't freak out if you can't find it automatically. (Also, I know this is on a Vernis Pochette Wallet, but they should be located in the same spot):

41d6_1.JPG

Last edited:
SA's aren't allowed to discuss how to decipher date codes, etc. I always saw it as a security measure... who knows, some counterfeiter could go in and get as much info as he can to make his fakes better. :cursing:

However, we're here to help though! Let's use SP2088.
SP- made in France
First and third number, 2 and 8- Week it was made
Second and fourth number, 0 and 8- Year it was made

So SP2088 means that the item was made in France on the 28th week of 2008. :tup:

The date code for the Pochette Wallet is heat stamped behind one of the flaps along the seam. It's a little hard to see/find on SLG's, so don't freak out if you can't find it automatically. (Also, I know this is on a Vernis Pochette Wallet, but they should be located in the same spot):

41d6_1.JPG

John 5 - thank you SO much! I understand now! Gosh - I would hate fakes to get even better then they are now - I've never supported the idea of the counterfeiting industry!

I've found the datecode exactly where you said it would be. :smile: It's CA1078. So... Made in Spain (it says so on the wallet lol) in the 17th week of 2008?

Thanks heaps to everyone. I guess the SA was just careful because I've only bought a few products from LV so far.

I love tPF! :smile: It started my LV obsession! Seeing all the photos made me want to get some LV! Thanks again all. :smile:

I have a recently purchased Speedy 30 in Damier Ebene and the date code says "DU0048". According to what I've learned from John5, my bag would have been made on the "4th week of 2008".

My question is, what about the "DU"? What does it stand for?

Pardon my LV ignorance on date codes... :peace:

Thanks John5! :tup:

When I purchased my Cabas Piano, I asked the same thing - where is the date code - the SA said she could not tell me either do to security/counterfeitng issues but I found it regardless on my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.