Should I get a Balenciaga Wristlet or Envelope Clutch?

leaveherbe

Dec 11, 2007
Fellow Bal Lovers...I've made up my mind to buy a balenciaga clutch, however I am torn between the wristlet and envelope clutch. I've seen pictures of both here and I have to say I love the look of envelope clutch more cuz it's just so classic and chic. On the other hand, knowing how careless I am...it's probably better to have a strap that keeps the clutch close to me at all times. I can totally see myself losing the envelope clutch if I have to hold onto it all night.:sad: What do you vote for? The wristlet or the envelope clutch? :confused1::confused1::confused1:

I'd get the one with the strap. I love the look of the envelope but it would be hard for me to hand carry for a long period of time. I'd rather be able to slip it onto my wrist.

I guess I'm all alone here, but I say definitely the ENVELOPE CLUTCH! It's much classier and feminine. It looks more elegant and tasteful. I'm dying for an envelope clutch myself!! In reality I dont think you'd loose the envelpe any more than you would the flat so if that's the only thing stopping you from getting the envelope clutch you should just forget about it and go ahead with the e.c.! Either one is a great buy, but I think you should go with the EC!

I think the wristlet clutch is such a cute shape. So I'm voting for that. I think I would use that more. Found one that is in the color I love and I'm trying to avoid it as I am saving for a work bag

Looks like the votes are half half...lol...what a dilemma! I wish I could go try on both and decide from there, but they seem to be pretty hard to find especially here in Canada!

Last edited:
I vote envelope clutch! While I get the practicality of the wrist strap, I would use it more on a smaller-sized wristlet (like, something not much bigger than my hand). I just think the envelope clutch is so glamorous-looking!

Another vote for the envelope clutch. I think the flat clutch is a bit trendy, the envelope clutch is more classic. But then again, it depends on how you're planning on using it. For me, I like the envelope clutch more to use for night, the flat clutch is more for day.