Confirming paypal account question

dimsum

Aug 8, 2008
Sorry, I know it's not an Ebay question, but I figured this is the closest forum :smile:

I verified my account with PP 4 years ago. I noticed my secondary fundng source (my Visa) had my old exp. date so I changed it. I didn't makea ny changes to my primary default funding option which is my bank account. It seems to put me through the verification process all over again with the 4 digit code in my Visa statement etc all over again.

Here's what I don't get. I get the e-mail schpiel about "When you confirm your card, your Sending, Receiving and Withdrawal limits will be lifted and you will be a Verified member." So am I in limbo and not a confirmed member? Or just on that credit card and can continue to purchase as normal as long as I use my bank account? TIA!

Sorry, I know it's not an Ebay question, but I figured this is the closest forum :smile:

I verified my account with PP 4 years ago. I noticed my secondary fundng source (my Visa) had my old exp. date so I changed it. I didn't makea ny changes to my primary default funding option which is my bank account. It seems to put me through the verification process all over again with the 4 digit code in my Visa statement etc all over again.

Here's what I don't get. I get the e-mail schpiel about "When you confirm your card, your Sending, Receiving and Withdrawal limits will be lifted and you will be a Verified member." So am I in limbo and not a confirmed member? Or just on that credit card and can continue to purchase as normal as long as I use my bank account? TIA!

hi, this happened to me, i could not make payments you have to go throught the 4 no thing again, like before even though your bank account has not changed, i still could not send money, you are i'm afraid in limbo, until this has been done hope that has helped alfie x

Thanks alfiebach. I'm eyeing a couple of things on theBay and I usually pay immediately after auction. I guess this is helping me to keep it real lol.

Well I have two accounts. One is a premier account with CC and bank account listed and it is confirmed and verified.

The second is my new one (personal) and I "verified" the CC (told them the 4 digit code on my CC statement) but I am still not confirmed. Someone told me you aren't confirmed without a bank account, but I am not sure if that is accurate. So for this account I am only verified, but the address is confirmed????

Thanks alfiebach. I'm eyeing a couple of things on theBay and I usually pay immediately after auction. I guess this is helping me to keep it real lol.
hi i have been thinking, have you tried sending money money via an email, like to a friend?? its easy to do, and then you would for sure. the reason i know so much is like you i wait to pay straight away, i got up early as seller was in usa, it gave all sorts of messages, long story short. could not pay he relisted bag in 48hrs, got more money, tried to get me npb stirke, just check, good news is it does not take long, they say dont call cc company wait for statement, but i did, and they were very helpful good luck, you'll be back spending soon:P

Well I have two accounts. One is a premier account with CC and bank account listed and it is confirmed and verified.

The second is my new one (personal) and I "verified" the CC (told them the 4 digit code on my CC statement) but I am still not confirmed. Someone told me you aren't confirmed without a bank account, but I am not sure if that is accurate. So for this account I am only verified, but the address is confirmed????
i dont think it can be confirmed, its seems the bank account is the key thing for some reason,someone correct me, but i dont know anyone with pp and just a cc for confirmation good luck alfie x