Travel off to marseille AND I NEED HELP!!

rawkinchair

May 7, 2008
im off to marseille for a short weekend with my bf the 1st week of september!!

im really excited but is there anyone who's been there or actually lives there?? it's not as well reviewed as paris, but i heard it's a pretty place and i really hope someone out there can help with what to do and where to eat!!

im so excited i started planning which shoes to bring and what dresses to wear *squeals* now i just need to know where to go and what to do???!!!

HELP PLEASE???

Well, I'm not sure of names of places, but you must have Pastis at a cafe/bar somewhere, number one. Pastis is an anise flavored alcholic drink, and it is really tasty. Or a demi peche- white beer flavored with peach syrup!

I only went through it briefly on the way to somewhere else, but it is huge!! I would have loved to see more of the old town, and the Chateau d'If. I think you can't really go wrong with wherever you go there it is such a charming place.

Take lots of pictures!! :tup:

l'epuisette has amazing food :drool: they're closed until the 2nd so they'd open a few days before you arrive! i was only in marseille for a day so i can't really help with much, but there is a small fashion museum in case you'd be interested in that.

I'm sorry but all I know of Marseille is that the awesome Zinedine Zidane was born and raised there. It sounds so romantic with a minibreak, have fun! The good thing about minibreaks is that you don't have to do too much packing.

oooh THANKS GIRLS!!

im off tomorrow!!

im trying not to get anything designer, probably stuff myself silly on french food and their local brands, like kookai and agnes b. GEESHHHHHH im so damn excited!!! yahhoooooo...

It's been about a decade since I was there but at the time, they had a branch of Galleries Lafayette, the French department store. Also, if you're a seafood lover, have bouillabaisse - it's a fish stew that originates from Marseille. I had it at a restaurant at the port and it was fantastic - wish I could remember the name, but it was so long ago.

Have a great time!

It's been about a decade since I was there but at the time, they had a branch of Galleries Lafayette, the French department store. Also, if you're a seafood lover, have bouillabaisse - it's a fish stew that originates from Marseille. I had it at a restaurant at the port and it was fantastic - wish I could remember the name, but it was so long ago.

Have a great time!

YEAH!

i went there and there are 2 galleries lafayette now, and i did i has bouillabaisse at restaurant miramar, which is amazing!! it's the most authetic resturant doing the fisherman's soup at vieuxport already. BUT boy was it quite expensive we spent about 140euros on just 2 bouillabaisse:sad: BUT IT WAS AMAZING!!!

YEAH!

i went there and there are 2 galleries lafayette now, and i did i has bouillabaisse at restaurant miramar, which is amazing!! it's the most authetic resturant doing the fisherman's soup at vieuxport already. BUT boy was it quite expensive we spent about 140euros on just 2 bouillabaisse:sad: BUT IT WAS AMAZING!!!
Miramar, I think that's the place where I had it, too.

Sounds like you had a great time! :smile: