Difficult buyer being un-reasonable

von

:)
O.G.
Dec 19, 2006
:cursing:I just sold a purse which had been listed previously and won by a non paying bidder, this woman contacted me several times asking me to send teh purse to her, i explained i couldn't but if payment didn't clear (e cheque) then she could have first refusal, turns out it didn't clear so i said i would relist it for her, she asked me a million questions that i had already answered twice over and i started to have second thoughts.

Anyways she won teh relisted auction on bin after i had to wait 30 days to relist, she took 6 days to pay me, i posted on day of payment and now 6 days after she recieved it she emails me and says its in bad conditiona nd smells of smoke, i don't smoke and put plenty of pics on the auction and stated it was used, no marks on it however.

she wants a refund before she sends it back! i said no, really don't want my first neg, should of trusted my instincts and not sold it to her.

OMG...

You should read this:

http://forum.purseblog.com/ebay-forum/how-do-i-respond-to-this-feedback-351842.html

This is an inspiration. I think you should not refund her. You did nothing wrong.

If you get a negative feedback, try to explain why in your next auctions. Its what I would do: keep two lines in your next sales description and explain that you believe there was abuse and that you are not stupid and refunding for any reason.

Never issue a refund prior to receiving your merchandise. I would just ignore her and let her leave you a negative. Its not your fault and either way, she will give you a negative for a bag that she claimed to be in a bad condition.

OMG...

You should read this:

http://forum.purseblog.com/ebay-forum/how-do-i-respond-to-this-feedback-351842.html

This is an inspiration. I think you should not refund her. You did nothing wrong.

If you get a negative feedback, try to explain why in your next auctions. Its what I would do: keep two lines in your next sales description and explain that you believe there was abuse and that you are not stupid and refunding for any reason.

wow shes been very patient, not sure i can be so nice

Never issue a refund prior to receiving your merchandise. I would just ignore her and let her leave you a negative. Its not your fault and either way, she will give you a negative for a bag that she claimed to be in a bad condition.

i won't refund her without the purse, do you think i should leave it and see if she starts a dispute? shes a new ebayer only has 10 fb.

shes not the most responsive buyer apart from when she was asking questions so i'll she what she says next, i'm so dissapointed, usually have good ebay experiences and i'm so mad she is going to neg me

You know what, I am sick and tired of these remorseful buyers basically pulling this crap on us honest sellers. They threaten negative FB and they expect us to bend head over heels for them, for what? So we can go through the hassle of relisting the bag and deal with the BS 30 day restriction all over again? No, I'm sorry. If this buyer is so dissatisfied with the bag (for whatever lame reason she comes up with), then she should do what we used to do way back when and resell it on eBay. Because whenever I was unhappy with anything, that really didn't lie within the fault of the seller, such as this, I would resell it. You know how many times I have received clothing that didn't fit me as well as I would have liked? It wasn't the sellers fault it didn't look good.

I'm sorry, this is getting ridiculous with these buyers. At this point, I would take the negative before I would give in to this buyer. Hopefully, she doesn't know about PP's BS of siding with the buyers nowadays and just keep it.

I would suggest that she resell it on eBay and that's that. Cut off anymore correspondence from her because guess what? It is not your fault that it supposedly smells of smoke, especially if you aren't a smoker. Which I find BS because I, too, am not a smoker and I know that my nose is especially sensitive to cigarette smoke as a result. I imagine yours would be, too, if it did smell of smoke.

She's full of it.

i think you're right, i got the feeling she didn't want to complete the sale as she took so long to pay when she had previously been so keen to buy

Exactly. :yes:

She most likely ended up completing the sale because she didn't want the strike. But if you relisted, then why go through the process AGAIN of bidding? Really weird.

I bet within the interim of receiving the bag, she found something else that she really liked/wanted and purchased that one, and now was hoping to be able to return your bag back to you and lie. It seems that too much of that goes on nowadays, as well.

You know what, I am sick and tired of these remorseful buyers basically pulling this crap on us honest sellers. They threaten negative FB and they expect us to bend head over heels for them, for what? So we can go through the hassle of relisting the bag and deal with the BS 30 day restriction all over again? No, I'm sorry. If this buyer is so dissatisfied with the bag (for whatever lame reason she comes up with), then she should do what we used to do way back when and resell it on eBay. Because whenever I was unhappy with anything, that really didn't lie within the fault of the seller, such as this, I would resell it. You know how many times I have received clothing that didn't fit me as well as I would have liked? It wasn't the sellers fault it didn't look good.

I'm sorry, this is getting ridiculous with these buyers. At this point, I would take the negative before I would give in to this buyer. Hopefully, she doesn't know about PP's BS of siding with the buyers nowadays and just keep it.

I would suggest that she resell it on eBay and that's that. Cut off anymore correspondence from her because guess what? It is not your fault that it supposedly smells of smoke, especially if you aren't a smoker. Which I find BS because I, too, am not a smoker and I know that my nose is especially sensitive to cigarette smoke as a result. I imagine yours would be, too, if it did smell of smoke.

She's full of it.

you are so right, the best bit is i sold it because i bought it off ebay for a lot more than i sold it for and decided to sell after never using it because i decided it was just too small for me, i didn't even contact my seller, left her pos feedback and listed it

Exactly. :yes:

She most likely ended up completing the sale because she didn't want the strike. But if you relisted, then why go through the process AGAIN of bidding? Really weird.

I bet within the interim of receiving the bag, she found something else that she really liked/wanted and purchased that one, and now was hoping to be able to return your bag back to you and lie. It seems that too much of that goes on nowadays, as well.

so frustrating! she also kept saying her boyfriend was going to buy it for her but when she eventually paid it was from her email address

She's full of it.

^^ True. I have bought a ton of things. If I had buyer's remorse or it didn't fit - I just sold it as my own auctions. Most sellers list as final sale - so I honored that because it was my fault and not the Sellers fault. Good post and point. :tup: