Good and bad news from Chanel NYC

NanamiRyu

Justine
O.G.
Dec 3, 2007
As some of you know already, I marched into Chanel on 57th St yesterday to pick up my beloved Carousel necklace. It's been quite a while since I saw my SA because I kept missing him. I knew they had the reserve book by now, so I asked him about the upcoming stocks to see what I might need.

One of the bags my SA was excited to tell me about was metallic red reissues, which would be the same color as last spring. I guess USA Chanel boutiques learned from their mistake of not getting any back then? But holy moly! Ladies, I know most of you were aware of the price increase but my eyeballs almost popped out when I saw the new price on that reserve sheet. A 227 that is currently running at already high price of $2850 would be over $400 more in Cruise!!:wtf:

Like many heard here, a caviar jumbo would be $2995 soon and do you guys want to know the price for GSTs? It's going to be $2495! We've been talking about possible price increase and well, it's confirmed for 100% that the huge change would start from November 1st.:Push:

Now onto exciting news!

Remember how jealous American tPFers were when they started Mobile Art Exhibition in Asia? Well, you guys all must know it'll be coming to NYC very soon. I could already picture many of you planning a trip to the Big Juicy Apple. BUT, please tell me... Didn't you guys also wonder if they would be one of those special bags like they had in HK?:graucho:

YES! YES!! Us Americans are also given a chance to purchase commerative bags of Mobile Art!!! And you know what? They are not the same bags as the black reissue flaps of HK. They are...

- Two versions of alligator reissues. But really, how many of us can afford this? I peeked at the price and of course gasped, as they are $29,xxx. Maybe Larkie might if Karl actually signs it as "Karl :heart: Larkie" but the signatures would be lasered etched like the reissues in HK Exhibit.

- There would a much more reasonably priced bag for us regular folks to enjoy and that is a med/large flap in coral patent leather! The pic looked bright red, sorta like the heart above. Then my SA proceed to tell me that it would be very much like the red patent of 08. Remember the duet reissue flaps? I happened to like that color but didn't care for the odd style, so this was a very exciting news for moi!

- Then there's another one (or two, depends on how you look at it ;)) I know many of you would want. It's a jumbo in navy patent leather, with both gold and silver hardware! Weren't there many ladies just dying for navy patent jumbos anyway? So isn't this a fantastic time to grab one, even more special with Karl's sig?

As in case with all limited editions, they only have certain numbers of each bags made specifically for Mobile Art NYC. And the bags would be only sold from the boutique, not at a kiosk set up at the exhibit like HK. Speak to Brendan at Chanel if interested.;)

Last edited:
Wow thanks for the intel! I happen to know someone who'll be thrilled about the release of the navy patent Jumbo!!! I hope you get the coral patent flap! Sounds absolutely gorgeous!

Oh, forgot to mention that the price increase sounds scary...I'm glad I'm not lusting for anything so far

Last edited:
^ Yeah, S. I think I'll be taking myself back to LV soon.

BUT, I have a confession to make and that is, I waitlisted for 6 bags in total yesterday, including the commerative red and navy flaps.:shame:

Wow thanks for the intel! I happen to know someone who'll be thrilled about the release of the navy patent Jumbo!!! I hope you get the coral patent flap! Sounds absolutely gorgeous!

Oh, forgot to mention that the price increase sounds scary...I'm glad I'm not lusting for anything so far

I might just end up with those bags (both coral and navy) and not get anything starting November.:sad: The price increases are just too much to handle!:cursing:

Nathalie : I find it a bit odd they are not selling the bags at Mobile Art but oh well, I guess this makes it easier for non NYers to get.

V : Uhmmm... You know what? I was pretty blown away by my carousel, I don't remember correctly. But I *think* it's the HW you don't like. I'll check later to make sure. Who knows? Maybe I was really not seeing things right.

Aurora & S : I waitlisted for... drumrolls~!!

The metallic turquoise so many ladies are intrigued by ever since the fashion show. And ahem... The red caviar jumbo. (I'm being so predictable, huh?) And lastly, pink lamb in both sizes so I could see what size it would look better when it comes out. I prefer lamb over caviar and pink was the only nice color out of the lambs. I think the others were very neutral.

Most likely, I think I'll be done with the two patents mentioned and spend days thinking about if I should get turquoise at the new price or not. They are getting quite high volume for red caviar though. You guys should call Brendan if interested. I'm sure there are still rooms.

^ YOU should come, Mon! Come on, Mon~ You know you want to!! Us NYers need to have hot stylish ladies like you to visit us. I can't imagine you not visiting Chanel exhibit.

if they do release a bright red bag with silver h/w i will probably :faint: ~ what's with all the gold Karl ?! :sad:

Seriously, V. I'm really not sure. I'm just guessing here. I'll find out later and hopely bring ya the good news. Like I said, I was just too giddy over my new purchase to register all the facts into my sometimes tiny brain.:sweatdrop: