Advice please--seller NLRU & I have a PP claim against her

thatgurl

Shopping Squad Prez
O.G.
Jul 10, 2007
So, I purchased a purse from someone who was mentioned many times as a trusted seller, and a member here.

The purse arrived totally not as described. I contacted her, she was not rude in her responses, and she agreed to resell the bag for me. She even asked me how could she better describe the bag to the next potential buyer.

So, 1 week passes & I hear nothing from her, so I send her a message on eBay asking her when will she relist the bag. I wait a week & I hear nothing back.

I go to look at her auctions, she has nothing listed (she's had things listed for months now--so this was a red flag to me). Then I go & look at her feedback & I see she has a negative from another buyer.

I go & file a SNAD claim w/ PP this Monday (09*01*08). I was very kind in my discussion to her on the PP claim & reminded her of what we talked about. I hear nothing from her.

Now, I just login to my eBay account and I see she is NLRU.

What do I do? Escalate the claim now? Wait? What? This is $900 USD I'm out b/c of her. I've never had to do this before, so I'm at a loss. :sad:

DId you pay with a CC? Escalate that Paypal claim IMMEDIATELY just because the eBay is closed doesn't mean the Paypal account is closed.

If you paid with CC then after the Paypal claim is resolved file with your CC, ASAP!

DId you pay with a CC? Escalate that Paypal claim IMMEDIATELY just because the eBay is closed doesn't mean the Paypal account is closed.

If you paid with CC then after the Paypal claim is resolved file with your CC, ASAP!

I did pay w/ a CC. IIRC, it was my eBay CC. *insert sarcasm here* ;)

So, I purchased a purse from someone who was mentioned many times as a trusted seller, and a member here.

The purse arrived totally not as described. I contacted her, she was not rude in her responses, and she agreed to resell the bag for me. She even asked me how could she better describe the bag to the next potential buyer.

Okay, I had to reread this. WHY did she OFFER to resell for YOU and why on god's green earth did you accept?

Even if the person is a member here, you should have done the claim right then and there SNAD.

Have you tried contacting them through PM (if you exchanged tPF IDs as part of the eBay transaction)?

I would escalate the claim immediately since they give the other party so much time to respond and it only delays getting your money back. I would provide all information to Paypal (emails) and wait their response.

Yes, agree, file your claim asap.

Do you have contact information? Call her if so!!!

I also wondered why, if the handbag was not as described, you didn't request to return and receive a refund.

Is this seller a well known member here?

Okay, I had to reread this. WHY did she OFFER to resell for YOU and why on god's green earth did you accept?

Even if the person is a member here, you should have done the claim right then and there SNAD.

Have you tried contacting them through PM (if you exchanged tPF IDs as part of the eBay transaction)?

We didn't have to exchange IDs. Her eBay selling id & her tPF id are the same.

As I stated before, many people recommended her, and prior to the negative she was given on 08*31*08, she had 100% positive feedback from all LV sales.

Yes, agree, file your claim asap.

Do you have contact information? Call her if so!!!

I also wondered why, if the handbag was not as described, you didn't request to return and receive a refund.

Is this seller a well known member here?

^^Yes.

I do not have her info. She is from another country, and I am in the USA.

And lastly, I just looked up her name here & it shows her last visit as "N/A" Her pictures are still showing in her profile, does that mean she is still here or no?

If it is who I think it is, she is not banned (still says member instead of sofa king banned) under her postings but she is NLRU at eBay. I actually had my eye on a speedy a few weeks ago and she was still on eBay.

Again, immediately escalate the claim and since I am going to presume her Paypal is closed be prepared to call your CC next. However, start with Paypal to see if they account is still open.

I would still PM her because if she has her PM set up like mine I get an instant notification in my email of the message.

Last edited: