I am confused by this transaction

Tokyo

Apr 26, 2008
I purchased a bag from USA ( I am in Japan) about the end of June this year. This transaction has already finished but I have not left the feedback yet as I am still confused and was not convinced few things.

I paid via Paypal at least withn 24 hours or less than that after the auction ended. Then I asked the buyer about a day later if I can get the tracking number for the package ( shipped by USPS ) then she ( the seller ) replied that she has already shipped the item but she did not recieve the tracking info from the shop shipped. So, I was worried.

It was about 800USD purchase .
the seller told me that she did not recieve the tracking info from the shop she shipped probably because I asked her for lower valued declaration so that there is no insurance so no tracking info.

I only pressumed that the seller would give me the tracking info without asking since I spent nearly 800USD as any other sellers always done for me.

However I was so worried that if my bag would arrive safely or not without the tracking info and I kept asking for the seller that she may have some infomation and she was very helpfull and kept contacting me which I felt safe. But then she told me that the shipping will take 14days to 21days from GA to Japan due to oil price raised. Then I was so worried
and wonderd how she shipped my bag because I have purchased bags quite few times from US sellers and the bags have been always arrived withn 7days by USPS without insurance.

When I asked her how she shipped my bag again then she told me I would tell her lies that even I recieved the item ,I would never recieved the bag then I would get the money back from Paypal so,she thought I would steal the bag from her! At this point I was very concerned about this transaction.

then next mail she apolozised saying such a thing she gave me the shop`s phone number she shipped and the person`s name who served her.

Then next mail she gave me was with the number seems like a tracking info then I checked this and it was THE tracking number. I checked the package then I found out that package was sent about 10days later after she said she have already shipped.

Finally I recieved my bag and saw the stamp of Dispatch note on the box said 10th of July. She told me that she had shipped the item on 30th June by Email but the stamp where she posted said 10th of July.
Also, the shipping took only 4 to 5 days since the package left ( I checked it from USPS tracking online how it has been processed).

I mailed her that I have recieved the bag and thanked her but I have not left the feedback yet as I am still confused this transaction or shipping.

My husband told me that just forget it but I am still thinking about this transaction then I thought at least I can post here to have some opinions.

Thank you for reading long thread !

Post honest feedback. Know that if you leave neg, then she will return the favor. I don't think she deserves neg (assuming the bag is the real deal/as described)...but perhaps neutral...if you leave positive, i suggest leaving that (and again i am assuming) the bag is great, as described (and in caps) SLOW SHIP. You decide....it is tough in those situations! She sounds a little on the wacky side. JMO!

Ooops! Forgot to add that I get tracking numbers on 15.00 items....I don't think it should matter!

Last edited:
I would just be happy I got the bag I wanted safe and sound and without having to pay additional customs fees as the seller honored your request to take the risk of undervaluing the bag for you.

new policy about negative feedback will come back soon, so as the buyer leave your negative feedback soon and hopefully the deadline for her to leave feedback closes before the new policies go into effect at the end of the month?

I would be honest, lying for 10 days about sending a bag is ABSOLUTE CRAP

new policy about negative feedback will come back soon, so as the buyer leave your negative feedback soon and hopefully the deadline for her to leave feedback closes before the new policies go into effect at the end of the month?

I would be honest, lying for 10 days about sending a bag is ABSOLUTE CRAP

Sorry to go off topic but new feedback rules? I've totally missed any mention of that. What's changing? TIA

At the very least, leave her a neutral. She wasn't honest with you, and that's something that potential buyers ought to know. In addition, the amount of time between when she got your payment and when she shipped your item is totally unacceptable. To me, something ought to be shipped within three business days. I know that things come up and that's not always possible, so even five days is understandable. But TEN? That's just completely inconsiderate, particularly when you paid promptly.

Ok. Pending your happy with your purchase. Authentic and all. I would leave a positive feedback and then pick the option of under the shipping stars:

Click on the stars to rate more details of the transaction.
These ratings will not be seen by the seller.

How accurate was the item description? *****
Why weren't you satisfied with the item description? *****
How satisfied were you with the seller's communication? *****
How quickly did the seller ship the item? *****
How reasonable were the shipping and handling charges? *****

Also - you don't have to leave any feedback - it's an option.
Good luck in your decision. Sorry that it took so long to get your bag. I hope
that at least you are happy with your purchase. :smile:

Last edited:
Ok. Pending your happy with your purchase. Authentic and all. I would leave a positive feedback and then pick the option of under the shipping stars:

Click on the stars to rate more details of the transaction.
These ratings will not be seen by the seller.

How accurate was the item description? *****
Why weren't you satisfied with the item description? *****
How satisfied were you with the seller's communication? *****
How quickly did the seller ship the item? *****
How reasonable were the shipping and handling charges? *****

Also - you don't have to leave any feedback - it's an option.
Good luck in your decision. Sorry that it took so long to get your bag. I hope
that at least you are happy with your purchase. :smile:

I disagree OP and since she clearly lied about the date sent, I would not leave positive feedback. Nothing is worse than being a buyer and wondering where you package is. Finding out that they person kept the bag for 10 days when it wasn't sent is actually a violation of the seller protection policy which stated they MUST mail within 7 days of payment. :cursing:

Speaking of the stars, I would pick the lowest for communication and how quickly the seller shipped. :Push:

I would email her and ask her to explain herself before leaving feedback. I am not saying what she says will justify maing you worry but I would be interested in her explanation. I would mention in feedback that shipping was slow and not documented but I am not sure I would neg her.

Finding out that they person kept the bag for 10 days when it wasn't sent is actually a violation of the seller protection policy which stated they MUST mail within 7 days of payment.

What steps can the buyer take in this case and what happens to the buyer if they don't ship within the time stated? Can something be done retroactively since she didn't discover the package hadn't been shipped within the specified time frame? Just wondering if anyone knows.

I disagree OP and since she clearly lied about the date sent, I would not leave positive feedback. Nothing is worse than being a buyer and wondering where you package is. Finding out that they person kept the bag for 10 days when it wasn't sent is actually a violation of the seller protection policy which stated they MUST mail within 7 days of payment. :cursing:

Speaking of the stars, I would pick the lowest for communication and how quickly the seller shipped. :Push:

I am quite sorry that I upset you Coachfreak. I did not mean to do that. I obviously do not know what happened with the Seller.

Perhaps the OP - could ask why it was shipped so late etc. Then make her decision on her feedback.

Once again - I am quite sorry about upsetting you Coachfreak - I had no intentions of doing that.