Cellophane Hair Color...Any Thoughts?

handbaghotspot

Bagaholic Bee
O.G.
Oct 19, 2007
Hi everyone! This is my first time to post in the beauty section of TPF. I've never dyed my hair, but recent events have made me entertain the idea of doing so for the first time. I'm a little too scared to use the regular dye, so some people have been recommending that I just use the cellophane hair color instead. Have any of you tried this? And if so, how did it turn out? Is it harmful to your hair? Hope someone can help me! TIA! :flowers:

Is cellophnae a brand or a process of hair coloring ?
Okay I looked it up on google and it seems it coats the outside of the hair , so if you are looking to just tint the hair and not have a drastic change then I would go for it

Is cellophnae a brand or a process of hair coloring ?
Okay I looked it up on google and it seems it coats the outside of the hair , so if you are looking to just tint the hair and not have a drastic change then I would go for it

It's a process of hair coloring. Sorry if I wasn't clear. Thank you for your input! :smile: Much appreciated!

hi,

I actually got one of those cellophane coloring while I was in the philippines and I actually loved it. unlike all the other coloring treatments, this actually made my hair shiny and healthy looking. I have straight fine hair.

I usually get my hair colored and highlighted and then after the highlights have them put a clear cellophane on it for shine. I haven't tried the actual cellophane color because I am doing the highlighting, but I have heard good things.

From what I understand, cellophane color is the same thing as clear gloss or glaze. If that's correct, then that's what I use. I like it, because it's non-damaging and you don't have to worry about roots! :tup:

From what I understand, cellophane color is the same thing as clear gloss or glaze. If that's correct, then that's what I use. I like it, because it's non-damaging and you don't have to worry about roots! :tup:

Yes, they are the same. from what I understand "Cellophane" was the Sebastian line's name for their hair glaze. Stylists use the terms interchangeably.

I've used Cellophanes. It is a temporary color which will last about 4 - 6 weeks. It makes your hair look shiny and healthy and isn't as solid/strong as regular hair color/dye. It is a good way to do something that isn't permanent so you can see what it looks like. You can even do Cellophanes in clear and just have the shiny/healthy look!