Fendi "speedy" & Bag De Jour....

Jun 13, 2008
Don't see many posts about the Fendi "speedy" bag or Bag De Jour. Perhaps I am not looking hard enough... hehehe
I wasn't planning on getting these bags last weekend, but I was in SF and was browsing the LV boutique in Bloomingdales. Those SA's are something else! They were so rude and didn't know there stuff. I was really disappointed as I was looking to buy the XS Mahina or a speedy bag. I thought my trip to the City was wasted, but had a few Saks $$ to spend so decided to drop by before I headed home.
OMG, I forogt that a Fendi boutique just opened up in Saks 2 weeks ago!! I was a happy camper! The SA was super nice to me, though I was just "looking".
Clapped my eyes on the Fendi Speedy (think Fendi refers to it as the Boston bag???)
I have never been a great fan of the Zucca print, but when I saw the Zucchino....:drool:
I walked out of Fendi with two purchases: my first Fendi Zucchino "Speedy" & a red pebbled leather Bag De Jour.
School has started so I haven't had time to post my pictures, but I absolutely love love love :heart: my new purchases! Using my speedy now, and saving the Bag De Jour for my bday next month. I love how it looks if you use the inside strap outside the bag to look like a buckle!
I wonder if the Bag De Jour comes in a chocolate/brown color. :graucho:

I'll post pics soon...darn homework!! Anyone else have a speedy and/or Bag De Jour? Do you use them often? What do you think about either one :tdown: or :tup:?

I wonder if the Bag De Jour comes in a chocolate/brown color.
It sure does! Couldn't find an exact pic of it, but here are just two other examples:

p11435077_ph_hero
NMV04NU_mn.jpg

Thanks for the compliments :heart: I've really enjoyed my speedy. It's great for everyday errand running. It's also nice to see that not a lot of people carry a Fendi speedy around here. Probably not as "popular" as the LV speedy, but I just love the fact that it's unique (at least in my area).
Can't wait to use the Bag de Jour soon. Details on it are amazing. Been trying to move the strap to the outside, but I feel like I'm hurting my leather. hehehe

The bag de jour is the best bag to have - it is the most versatile. It is more elegant and polished than the Spy and more classic. It is the perfect size - it's a tote but not too big. You can hold it on your arm or on your shoulder. And it is easy access for everything, but you can also close it fairly securely. I have the chocolater brown from last season with the slight gold flecks and it is gorgeous - it is not too glittery and the texture of the leather is amazing. I wore it all last winter, in all conditions and it still looks as good as new. It's a great choice.

The bag de jour is the best bag to have - it is the most versatile. It is more elegant and polished than the Spy and more classic. It is the perfect size - it's a tote but not too big. You can hold it on your arm or on your shoulder. And it is easy access for everything, but you can also close it fairly securely. I have the chocolater brown from last season with the slight gold flecks and it is gorgeous - it is not too glittery and the texture of the leather is amazing. I wore it all last winter, in all conditions and it still looks as good as new. It's a great choice.
Agree with everything you've said :tup: