HELP! Amethyst Carte Blanche or Ruby LRC??

MamaToJakers

Live. Laugh. Love.
Nov 15, 2007
I ordered the CB Tuesday night and it has yet to ship for some reason, so I have time to change my order, and I can't stop thinking about the Ruby LRC. Should I change it????? I'm not certain about either color, but at least I've now seen IRL pics of the Ruby, and I'm worried Amethyst will be too purple for me (even the Grape was too much for me). Help Help!!!!

Help!!:nuts:

Well you already know my answer ... :lol: I can't say enough good things about the LRC in ruby .. and the color is just wonderful and doesn't seem like too much for me. I'm really weird about bag colors.

But ... honestly - go with the one that you absolutely can't picture yourself without.

I also like the amethyst CB and thinking of ordering that. But am going to wait for a grape glitterati. You say the grape is too much? Do you own or have bought a grape tano? This will be my very first tano purhcase if ever, so I am really making sure I the choose right one for me. As for the Ruby LRC, I saw that too and it looks nice. If you're not certain on the amtheyst, then maybe you should go for the ruby lrc.

kat, I did have a Grape Boogie, and it's one of those colors that I love and think is gorgeous, but I can't pull it off. I'm so plain.... :smile: SO I'm worried that the amethyst will be too purple - I love how it looks on the LB site, but it looks too purple on the MHB site for me. I don't know!!

Peeking - what colors could I wear the Ruby with? I wear lots of black, so I know that will work, but I just worry about coordinating *and* sticking out like a sore thumb, looking like a nerd who's trying to look cool with a hip bag. :smile:

Hmm decisions decisions... okay let's review the facts. The carte blanche has a little bit longer of a drop than the LRC. The CB has zippers to multiple pockets where the LRC has the snap closure on a single large pocket (with of course the back pocket and two front ones too). The CB is going to (I think) hold less than the LRC.
But the thing is the CB amethyst does look pretty similar to the grape color... I'm sitting here eyeballing my grape french nanny and the picture of the amethyst CB on MHB's website. I don't think TE has any bags in amethyst yet or else I'd say ask her opinion, but maybe I'm wrong?
Maybe call LunaBoston and ask what the deal is so you can get a straight answer on when they're going to ship it. If they do have them and are going to ship it asap I'd say wait and see whether or not you like the color... otherwise go for the LRC?

What a tough choice! I think the LRC will look more "classic" and the CB will be a nice pop of color. I have a purple purse (a HH that actually looks kind of similar) and it is a lot more versatile than I originally thought! In fact, it has become one of my favorite everyday purses. Plus, I think the velvet leather will look more muted than crunch. IMO, grape looks harder to pull off than amethyst.

Peeking - what colors could I wear the Ruby with? I wear lots of black, so I know that will work, but I just worry about coordinating *and* sticking out like a sore thumb, looking like a nerd who's trying to look cool with a hip bag. :smile:

Girl ... I'm wearing this thing with EVERYTHING. I don't even care .. that's how much I :heart: it!

I wear alot of black and white - but I think because it's such a deep rich red .. it'll go well with everything .. but that's just me.

Hmm...what do the rest of you think ...

Maybe I am sticking out like a sore thumb! Meh ... :shrugs:

Wait what....MamaTo.... 'so plain'??? I THINK NOT! And a gorgeous ruby or amethyst Tano would make any outfit :rochard: !!!!

I think the LRC is smokin' hot...it is deceptively petite and holds A TON of stuff!

Last edited:
the bag looks deceptively petite....and it holds A TON of stuff.

It holds a TON of stuff and then some. It's way deceiving - I tend to carry a bit of stuff .. lots of crap I really don't need and this bag can hold it all and still has room.

Even DH asked .. "You decided to not carry as much?" - he picked it up AND even looked inside .. I was like .. uh yeah .. that's all it. He was like ... wow! Then sniffed it ... and drooled about the leather .. he's so weird! I wish Tano made a mens wallet .. I'd so get him one.

Thanks Ladies!!

Well, my decision has actually been made for me, as LB oversold on the Carte Blanche and does not have it in stock. Soo...they cancelled that order for me and I am going with the ruby LRC!! Now the problem is, I entered my cc info for the Carte Blanche, and it's my Paypal CC so the funds get taken out of my pp acct immediately, even though LB did not officially charge me for the CB...so now, I don't have enough funds in pp to cover the LRC!!! Ack. And the LB line is busy.... crum. Maybe I should just give up!!!

No, no....off to call LB again to get this worked out before 3 pm so they can ship this baby to me!!!!

kat, I did have a Grape Boogie, and it's one of those colors that I love and think is gorgeous, but I can't pull it off. I'm so plain.... :smile: SO I'm worried that the amethyst will be too purple - I love how it looks on the LB site, but it looks too purple on the MHB site for me. I don't know!!

I see what you mean. I too, am so plain, just a jeans and t-shirt kinda girl. That's literally what I just usually wear! I think the amethyst CB is a pretty casual look and the color is not as bright as the grape (just judging from the LB pics). I guess that's another reason I was drawn to it as well, coz it's not as "loud" I guess coz of the leather finish. I am now having second thoughts on ordering grape. Hehehe..Do you know if anyone has bought and posted a pic of it coz I would really like to see IRL modelling pics! It's really hard to pick from the many great choices of tano bags huh?

I was just going to post that if I was in your place, I would probably go with the LRC!! I think that the LRC is beautiful and classic and I have not seen the leather in person but I think that I like the elegance of that leather even better than the crunch. If you wear a lot of black, I think that the ruby bag would be perfect! And, how gorgeous will it be around the holidays? It would look gorgeous in the wintertime with a black trench or a pea coat or a fun black leather jacket...it would look wonderful with a winter white outfit, etc. In the fall, it will look cool with a khaki jacket or a jean jacket and in the spring, it will look cool with a t'shirt and jeans. I think that for you, you have made a good decision. And, I love the color of the hardware. I like the color of the LRC's hardware better than the hardware on the SB that I have coming to me.

sweettlc - Thanks for all those suggestions!! I think the LRC will work better for me, too, and I do love the hardware. When is your SB supposed to arrive?

kat - There are pics of various grape bags posted in the stickied Pics and Modeling threads, as well as various threads in the subforum (Post your 2008 Boogie Buckets Here, and others). I also have pics of my grape boogie that I could post later tonight (can't post pics at work).

UPS doesn't deliver on Saturdays, so even if I ordered by 3, I still wouldn't get it til Monday, so I'm going to wait until my funds are freed up in paypal and I'll order tomorrow. I sure hope they're not sold out by then!!! Egads.