Fake RMs on Ebay?

So far (fingers crossed) they have not been faked. There were a few questionable ones that popped up but they turned out to be very early samples. If you have any questions about one you can post it in the ebay discussion thread and everyone would be happy to help.

OK, thanks a lot for the answer! I was hoping that so far *also fingers crossed* there weren't any fakes, it make shopping for a RM a whole lot easier!

The closest thing to a fake I I have come across is a seller selling exact copies of MAM's in leather, but they dont use the RM name on it...I dont think. They do have a few pics of celebs carrying real RM's though so they are true copies of the bag. The seller also sells copies of other designer bags too.
I have a pic of one of their copies below but I shaded out the sellers name as I dont want to advertise them.

Attachments

• fake1.jpg
    fake1.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
At least it's easy to tell the difference.. It looks very similar but if you are familiar at all with RM you would spot the differences. still scary though-

At least it's easy to tell the difference.. It looks very similar but if you are familiar at all with RM you would spot the differences. still scary though-

Yes its easy to tell the difference because they arent selling it as a Rebecca Minkoff. I just posted it as a matter of interest that someone has identically copied an RM.

Well, it's always good to ask the seller lots of questions about the bag and they should be able to confidently answer your queries - most are really friendly and also tPFers so they'll help you out, no worries :smile:

So here is my second post as a newbie and I was just wondering if they make RM replica's? I was just checking Ebay and was wondering if some of those purses could potentially be replica's. Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

:yahoo:

Coach copied RM's side dog clasps :pout:
10188060.jpg

^ RM is certainly NOT the first designer to use those dog leash clasps and won't be the last. I don't know anything about Coach but I wouldn't be surprised if that bag came out before the MAs.