would you wear this bag?

MonkeyGirl

♥In your eyes♥
Dec 29, 2007
i am an aspiring bag designer (one of my many career dreams :P) and i made my first sketch today because i was bored. would any of you wear it? it is not really to scale at all and the strap is supposed to be a lot longer. it would be a medium brown leather with a touch of orange in the background. the leather would be very soft and it would be a fairly unstructured, floppy bag. there would be some sand colored stitching around the edges of pretty much everything and would have brass hardware (couldnt find the right color so just imagine brass there instead of brownish-black lol). i am just curious to see what you ladies/gents think. please be honest... i can take it :P.

... well sorry guys the pics arent working but it is a satchel with a flap that has a slightly longer piece in the middle and at the end is a square pull that is in the brass hardware that i described above. there are also two smaller pockets on either side of that with the same pocket... all done with the sand color stitching.

Last edited:
here they are. they arent the best pics but if you just look at the description in the op it will help.

Attachments

• DSC00718.jpg
    DSC00718.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 147
  • DSC00720.jpg
    DSC00720.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 131
I would certainly wear that! I like the clean lines and flap detail. I also like the sound of the colour shading and the longer (adjustable) strap. This morning I was looking at pics of a Jmmy Choo bag with the shading effect. It was red and looked lovely. Hopefully those front pockets would be the right size for a mobile phone. I'm not sure if the pockets would be pushlock, but I like pushlock and have a marvellous Dolce Gabbana satchel with pushlock opening. And I definitely like brown. So you have your first customer, MonkeyGirl! Good Luck!

^ lol thanks. and ya thats what i was thinking about the front pockets. if it gets produced (someday) it would be good for cell phones/ pdas/ ipods etc. and haha i didnt think of the adjustable strap but that is a good idea :P

and btw i was thinking of just putting one of those magnets for bags on the inside of the flaps.

Last edited:
It kind of looks like the Coach Bleeker flap but with pockets. Pockets are tricky with all of the technology, if you make them too small and they are not practical then people won't know what to put in them. I think it is cute, I like longer straps too !
Coach_BleekerBagFlap.jpg

i admire your talent in purse design! I agree that it is too much like the coach, but keep tweaking it and I see great potential! Of course, the leather, texture, "handle" all make a great difference too! Keep at it!