The Melisandre Boot.... HELP PLEASE!!!

Leescah

O.G.
Jun 9, 2008
Ok you know that feeling in the pit of your stomach when you get that 'thump' of complete desire...? Well I just got it when I stumbled across these stunners:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NIB-Christian...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

:drool::sweatdrop::wtf::drool:

Just did a forum search and can't really find anything about these. Does anyone have them who can offer some words of wisdom about them (preferably in a desperate bid to put me off them since I absolutely cannot afford them!!!)?

Any info about how they run size wise (in the foot and also calves wise), plus modelling pics would be MASSIVELY appreciated. Remember - no enabling here - I want to hear how horribly uncomfortable and nasty these boots are, ok? Thanks.

(oh who am I kidding - as if that's going to happen!! :P)

TIA xxx

It seems like boots run 1/2 to a whole size small, and have very narrow calf shafts.

Yeah that's what I've heard about CL boots in general, although in this listing the seller says that the calf circumference is 14.5 inches! I just measured my calf at the widest part and according to that measurement, they'd be fine... any my calves are NOT slim by any means... hence my confusion I suppose.

Are these last season or this season?

I got a pair of these boots last winter at Saks, there were a few pairs available during sale because I don't think that they were very popular amongst CL shoes/boots, but keep in mind that CL boots rarely make it to sale to begin with. I think that they were around $600 but I ended up returning them because they just didn't wow me, that is a rather steep price that the ebay seller is offering them at considering the sale price.

In terms of fit, they did actually fit my calves well which I usually have a problem with. HTH.

Hmmmm, I wonder if the seller will take an offer then - because yes that IS a massive price difference. I might tell her that I know they went on sale and see what she says?

Thanks Kamilla - can you remember whether you needed to size up much or not?

I've been eyeing the Melisandre boots as well. I like the chunkier heel, it makes them look more wearable. Post pics if you get them! :flowers:

:smile: I have emailed trenduet about considering dropping the price for me... I think the words 'cats hell in chance' spring to mind since her new price would have to pretty much match the sale price of these last winter for me to be able to afford them.... but hey you don't ask, you don't get, as they say!!!

Will keep you posted... :tup:

(ok I've just realised that I use that 'thumbs up' smiley waaay too much... bit sad really... I feel like that guy from Sex and the City - the politician guy from one of the earlier seasons. Ok yes I am sad in more ways than one, it would seem :P)

^ eeeewww yeah I forgot about that element of the character association... gross!!!

Ok the seller replied back to my email - not entirely happy about my haggling which is fair enough - she's offered to take $950 for them. The most I can really afford for these is $850 (after taking into account shipping and inevitable customs charges) BUT before I got back to her one last time to really try my luck - I just wanted some opinions on whether this seems a fair offer or actually will be taking the p*ss a little bit? I'm not familiar at all with what would be deemed a 'reasonable' price for these boots and don't want to push for more off if you guys feel that this is already a very good price? So advice here would be greatly appreciated!!! :flowers:

^ ^

I'd say you were being reasonable, try explaining that the exchange rate has dropped so much ( was 1.98 not 1.73 ) that you can only make it work at $850, especially as it's going to probably cost you in customs

Have you asked her how much she is insuring them for on the Customs Dec ? If the full value then that's a lot of customs chargings too

^ ^

I'd say you were being reasonable, try explaining that the exchange rate has dropped so much ( was 1.98 not 1.73 ) that you can only make it work at $850, especially as it's going to probably cost you in customs

Have you asked her how much she is insuring them for on the Customs Dec ? If the full value then that's a lot of customs chargings too

Ah that's a very good point!! I'll need her to declare it at the sold amount, not the original full value of the boot back when it was first available!! Thanks aeross!

God everytime I think about that exchange rate I want to sob a little bit!! As you probably know (I do go on about it a little bit!!) I'm going to NY in 2 weeks time and changed up a load of money last week. The awful thing is, I actually had most of the money save up already a couple of months ago when the rate was still pushing $2.... but didn't think it would drop like it has (since it was stable for quite a few months prior) so didn't change it up. I REALLY wish I had now, since I have effectively lost about £100 (yes I did work it out... and yes it was a stupid thing to do!!). :Push: