Is Morning After Bag/Mini Still the "IT" bag?

i think so! out of all the RM styles, i think the MAs are the most classic. Nikki is a close second, but i think MAs are more universally flattering on everyone. the other styles come and go.

LB says the Nikki is RM's greatest hit...I'm with them. The MAB/MAM is more "classic," but I think ladies are embracing the Nikki because it is so modern.

I definitely agree that the nikki is moving in on that top spot. But I think it will be interesting to see what happens after some of the new styles have been out for a while.

Personally, I'm loving the new stuff and even though I only own one MAB, I don't see myself buying another. Too many amazing new styles! I do, however own 3 nikkis. Maybe the MAB Luxe will be an all around hit?

I think the Nikki is having a hot moment right now, but I don't think its popularity will last. Eventually, the MAB and MAM will make a come-back. I know I prefer my MABs!

I don't own any RMs yet. I went to Bloomingdale's over the weekend and tried on the MAM for the first time... Probably because it was stuffed full with tissue papers, but I thought it looked very strange on me, the straps felt too short and it seemed kind of boxy. I was a little disappointed because I've always been leaning towards the MAM as my first RM. :s Now I'm considering the Nikki but I have yet to try it on IRL. They had a Matinee too which I liked much better on my shoulder but it seems a little long. As I was leaving the store though, I saw a girl with a BBW.. don't know if it was mini or regular? I think it only comes in mini right? But I SWEAR her straps were longer!! I don't know, maybe it's because hers wasn't totally stuffed and was slouchy, hehe. I haven't given up on the MAM though!! I'm waiting til the sample sale, hopefully it will have both MAMs and Nikkis! :yes:

I don't really think of the MAs as the "it" bag, rather, it's more of "the" bag. It's what put RM on the map and will always be the classic, no matter how popular the other styles may become. I kind of liken it to what the Birkin is to Hermes or the Speedy to LV, kwim?

I don't own any RMs yet. I went to Bloomingdale's over the weekend and tried on the MAM for the first time... Probably because it was stuffed full with tissue papers, but I thought it looked very strange on me, the straps felt too short and it seemed kind of boxy. I was a little disappointed because I've always been leaning towards the MAM as my first RM. :s Now I'm considering the Nikki but I have yet to try it on IRL. They had a Matinee too which I liked much better on my shoulder but it seems a little long. As I was leaving the store though, I saw a girl with a BBW.. don't know if it was mini or regular? I think it only comes in mini right? But I SWEAR her straps were longer!! I don't know, maybe it's because hers wasn't totally stuffed and was slouchy, hehe. I haven't given up on the MAM though!! I'm waiting til the sample sale, hopefully it will have both MAMs and Nikkis! :yes:

Which Bloomies did you go to lilsmiles? This is a longshot but I was in Bloomies last weekend with my BBW! That would be completely :nuts::nuts: if you saw me!!

I don't really think of the MAs as the "it" bag, rather, it's more of "the" bag. It's what put RM on the map and will always be the classic, no matter how popular the other styles may become. I kind of liken it to what the Birkin is to Hermes or the Speedy to LV, kwim?

GRREAATT comment Happy942...ITA with you & completely KWYM :tup: Thanks for posting this for the MAB/MAM LOVERS :love:

Yeah I just started becoming a RM follower since the beginning of summer so still a very young "minkett" but I've already bought and sold a few bags because for the life of me, I couldn't decide on the color and style I want.

The MAB and MAM shape doesn’t look very good on me. I love the simple design and the tassels with old hardware, but I just couldn't pull off the look. I am pretty big built and I like big bags, the MAM was a little too small for me, when I carry it as a handbag it looks ok but it looks so strange when I carry it on my shoulder (I guess cuz I have big arms *sigh* so the bag end up being too close and squashed under my arm and it makes me feel totally fat in it) the MAB fits a little better on my shoulder but it isn’t a lot better. And I can’t carry it as a handbag all the time because it does get heavy and there are times I need to use both of my hands, it just became inconvenient.

However, lately I think I’ve found the Matinee to be my perfect bag. The size is nice and it’s less square and a more “forgiving” shape for me, the handles are a little longer then the MABs and they fit nicer under my arm.

Don't know if that helps at all!?

I agree with Happy, that the MA actually is THE bag that made RM, and it will always be RM's "IT" bag. I think it is a classic satchel and the style is very versatile so it will be around for many years to come.

CRYLATER- the matinee is a BEAUTIFUL bag! I definitely think that the matinee was always more popular than the nikki until its recent blow up after the wine nikki was spotted on LC. As years go by, i feel the matinee and MA style will be more coveted.

What about matinee? It is "blah" now? I am thinking about getting one.
Never blah!!! I am Mattie's biggest fan and I'd get it in every single color made if I could still find them.
Definitely get one if you can find it.
I have six and I love them!!!

I also got a Mocha MAB but I am not in love with it. I am a Mattie girl :heart: