Carousel anyone?

NanamiRyu

Justine
O.G.
Dec 3, 2007
So, I found out today that one of the bags I waitlisted for is now impossible to get. I don't know what happened. SA said it's noted that he called me long time ago but I never got the message!:wtf: The really sad thing is, now they are not available in US anywhere and I actually had a chance to get one on the spot when I was in Vegas last June~:Push: I'm so regretting not getting it then, thinking about how I was waitlisted back home with my NYC SA.

However, what's done is done and in a way, it's a bit of a good news, as now I have more funds left to consider something else from my wishlist.:smile: And as obvious as it is from the title of this thread, I'm currently contemplating of Carousel accessories.

The super high prices held me back from running to the stores to get some. But truth be told, I'm quite a fan of carousels (the real life ones, lol) and I just feel like this is something I am... ahem... Destined to have.:P It was a tad disappointing how the carousel charm looked a bit on the flimsy side in real life, but it's still très adorable! And I know I would "cherish" it forever (okay, at least till it holds its shape in my clumsy hands) and wear prouldy.

So what am I trying to say? Why, enable me, of course! I need encouragements from other ladies here, since none of my family/friends would get, let alone pay that much for costume jewelry. I remember Calisnoopy getting the necklace with pearls but I don't recall anyone else with Carousel accessories. Did you guys not like them? Or were you guys just too scared of the price tags like moi?

I love the carousel accessories.:love: The thing that is holding me back is the price!!! Yes - the price tag is VERY VERY scary. For me, I rather save the money for a bag.
If you have the funds, go for it!!!! Since you didn't get the bag you wanted, GO FOR IT!!!! Love the carousel too. Remember to post pics when you buy it!!!!!!

I think Lakie got it...not 100% sure though.

I love it, but I can't wear those with my little one. I'm afraid he will end up playing with it, especially the Carousel since he just got on a 2-tier carousel last month. He's already asking for another ride.:P

If you love & you can afford, then go for it! I'm not helping much, am I? :lol:

I like that line too. If you can afford it and will use it. I say go for it. I would love to get something from that line or the little chanel bottle line. HTH

It's nice but priced way too high :smile: The carousel is beautiful - very delicately made - I tried it on a boutique last weekend. Did not get it because of the price. Go for it if you love it!

I am going to get the necklace, Nanami. The one I am planning to get is the one with multi-strands. I probably will get the brooch too! :lol:

^ You mean the one that's not the belt/necklace version, right? The one Cory got? I initially thought I'd like the belt one better because it has those few extra charms. But when I actually tried them on, the one without shoes charms looked much better. Did you try it on, M? I knew they were fabulous looking but I only started to seriously considering them after trying them on.:P I even liked the simple chain with only carousel pendant too when I tried it on~

I'm 98% sure about getting the brooch though. Lol. I feel the need to add that to my small but growing brooch collection.;)

Bagmad : I feel like the whole missed call/message situation was meant to be, so I could go ahead with Carousel accessories...:graucho:

Ceci : I doubt Larkie got it. I remember how she wasn't blown by them. Do you remember her Paris London necklace? I'm currently thinking about that too~ I agree with your thought about your toddler. Kids tend to play by pulling onto things and something toy looking such as carousel charm would attract their attention. As I mentioned before, the charm itself is not sturdy looking...:sad: I might break it myself one day by playing with it too much!:Push:

ice-cream : Yeah, I liked number five bottles too~ It was so much cuter in real life.:yes:

krystl : I feel like I'll regret it so much if I don't get it while I can. I mean that's how I feel everytime I drool over Paris Souvenir necklace.:rolleyes:

^ how about I give you the other 2% ? LOL!

Do you have a photo of that brooch? How much that is?

:Push: My DH just bought me a necklace as a gift & I'm already wanting to get more. :upsidedown:

i think you should get it. especially since you regret not getting the Paris Souvenir necklace! heheh you never regret the things you do, only the things you don't do right? ;)

Can anyone post a pic of the Carousel? :shrugs:

Here's the necklace I'm in :heart: with...

attachment.php

And this is the belt version you can also wear as a necklace...

attachment.php

Attachments

• carousel01.jpg
    carousel01.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 954
  • carousel02.jpg
    carousel02.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 958
^ how about I give you the other 2% ? LOL!

Do you have a photo of that brooch? How much that is?

:Push: My DH just bought me a necklace as a gift & I'm already wanting to get more. :upsidedown:

Brooch looks like this...

attachment.php

But I just "realized" it's also has a whopping price tag of $580!:wtf: I don't know why but I thought it was about $100 less...:sweatdrop:

So it was a necklace your hubby got! I gotta run and check your thread~

Attachments

• carousel03.jpg
    carousel03.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 909
my two cents: between the two i'd get the one you could use as a belt. there are more pearls and visually it looks more balanced. plus i always like things that can be used for different functions. the broch is super adorable--is it big though?

Ohhh, what a dilemma! I completely understand the price holding you back... I purchased the makeup charms necklace ($2125), and practically have heart palpitations when wearing it. :sweatdrop: I do think it's overpriced, but it's gorgeous, and one I will get a lot of wear out of. Plus, I don't plan on making too many more (if any) over 2K necklace purchases.

Anyway, I saw the Carousel necklace IRL a few weeks ago, and it's very cute, but I personally prefer the makeup charms necklace. That being said, I would get the necklace over the belt, because I would get much more use out of a necklace than a belt. However, I prefer the look of the belt (more pearls!), so if that looks nice as a necklace, then it's a two for one kinda deal! :smile: The brooch is so cute too (wonder how big it is)? I'm sure you'd rock the necklace/belt amazingly well girl... go for it (it was meant to be... the bag that didn't work out opened a new door for you)! :smile: