(V)etallica - Death Magnetic

Vlad

Founder
Admin
O.G.
Mar 16, 1980
A pre-release version is floating in the great depths of the Interweb.

Not sure what I think of it yet, but it sure sounds much better than the junk they called St. Anger.

:jammin:

so this is literally about Metallica the band? you are talking to a 45 year old, pretty much how old Metallica is....
This is my lame attempt at an album "review".

Totally uninspired, lacks to captivate.

James' vocals are lame, Lars' drumming is weaksauce and Kirk is... trying. At least he gets to slam his solos again this time around.

This is my lame attempt at an album "review".

Totally uninspired, lacks to captivate.

James' vocals are lame, Lars' drumming is weaksauce and Kirk is... trying. At least he gets to slam his solos again this time around.

so.....you hate it basically?:lol:

its so sad. watching the making of the black album on VH-1 just broke my heart. it pretty much summed up what I went through changing over from them music business to animal keeping....

so.....you hate it basically?:lol:

its so sad. watching the making of the black album on VH-1 just broke my heart. it pretty much summed up what I went through changing over from them music business to animal keeping....

I hated St Anger. I actually tossed the CD out of the car window doing 100 on the Autobahn, I was so St. Angry listening to it the third time around that I couldn't stand keeping the CD.

These songs seem to lack following an actual line, a concept. They are all over the place. Suicide & Redemption is supposed to be their new instrumental, it has nothing compared to Orion or To Live Is To Die.

meh.

:tdown:

I hated their new song and I wish they would have stopped making music before they started to suck :sad:

This album will have to literally be a steaming pile of crap before it is worse than St. Anger but truthfully that's about where my expectations lie - steaming poo.

They are greedy sell outs.

I can tell you stories.... of when Dave M. was still in the band and Cliff was alive. Saw the last show that Dave M. played with them before they kicked him out. Not long after I fled to Seattle where the scene was even better.

In those days, the Metallica guys (PARTICULARLY LARS AND JAMES) used to yell out at shows... "Copy our tapes and give them out to your friends!!"

This was when they could not get played on the radio.

Then came Napster... :rolleyes:

I can't stand these jerks.

If you want stories about the bay area 80's thrash scene, I'll post them.

I'm pretty sure I have the distinction of being the only human being currently breathing who actually really liked "Load"...haha go me.

Then again I have absolutely nothing invested in early Metallica. I like some of it, but I don't really care to see them 'return to their roots' or what not.
I'm now convinced that there is NO WAY within the bounds of human possibility for Metallica to please the fans from the old days. Thats ok. But I don't get the level of expectation, its like fully expecting 'kill em all' yet when they don't anything like that, falling back on a well stocked and practiced arsenal of 'eww this BLOWS'. Which would register a stronger reaction, a great album or a sucky one? Oh whatever, just build a time machine boys and girls:P