Lambskin not as soft after Chanel Spa

bagnut

Apr 13, 2006
:shrugs:I did a search which met with negative results. I had a classic I purchased n 1991 redyed with the complete spa treatment. After taking it out of its cover just lately, noticed the leather isn't as soft as before. It almost looks weathered. Has this happened to anyone. TIA

I don't think I'd call it distressed at all. When you say distressed, I think of the calf rissues. It doesn't have that type of look. Really, it looked pretty much brand new minus the softness. It may have not been as "luxe" looking at new lamb but far from distressed. Do you have any photos we could see?

Unfortunately, that is because it was re-dyed. When you re-dye leather, it's never quite the same as before. I've been told a re-dyed bag kind of looks like it has been "painted", which is probably why you describe your bag as looking weathered/distressed.

Perhaps try using leather conditioner on it? Maybe over time it will be get softer.

I don't think I'd call it distressed at all. When you say distressed, I think of the calf rissues. It doesn't have that type of look. Really, it looked pretty much brand new minus the softness. It may have not been as "luxe" looking at new lamb but far from distressed. Do you have any photos we could see?

Thanks to all replies. You have made me feel better. I had mentioned in an earlier email regarding price increases that I paid $1,125 in 1991 for this classic.

http://s522.photobucket.com/albums/w345/baglover/?action=view&current=IMG_0319.jpg

http://s522.photobucket.com/albums/w345/baglover/?action=view&current=IMG_0320.jpg

It certainly looks nice, shiny and dark. I don't think it looks weathered. I have heard other people describe it as deflated, almost as if the quilting is less puffy.

It certainly looks nice, shiny and dark. I don't think it looks weathered. I have heard other people describe it as deflated, almost as if the quilting is less puffy.

Thanks. I live in Palm Desert, it is cooler today, only 106 and while taking the picture leaving it in the sun for a few minutes, the leather seemed to soften a bit. :yes:

My first thought was condition, condition, condition. It's so important for leather and especially in hot climate. This is skin we're talking about, after all. The second most important thing is to keep the dust off our purses.

Sounds like Dante's Inferno -- how does one open the car door without getting burned when it's that hot?

My first thought was condition, condition, condition. It's so important for leather and especially in hot climate. This is skin we're talking about, after all. The second most important thing is to keep the dust off our purses.

Sounds like Dante's Inferno -- how does one open the car door without getting burned when it's that hot?

With this weather, my air is one 24/7, so it is never warm in the house. My walk in closet is one of the coolest places. This is the only refurbish that looked different. I have a Caviar tote I had redone from Chanel and it is fine. Regarding the weather, You pick up the dog put her on the grass, turn the car on for a few minutes before entering and get yard work done at 6AM. I was born and raised in Chicago where Dec-March can be brutal. It's a trade off. Palm Desert used to be seasonal place, but is now becoming a year round resort because of the golf deals, hotels, etc. Even Saks has great sales. Thank goodness Chanel is there, otherwise it would be a 2 hour drive either to Beverly Hills or South Coast Plaza. I sometimes snag a good deal at the resale store.