Scared to return my bag - Defective Neverfull

Clopin

O.G.
Aug 26, 2006
Last week I bought a Neverfull MM from another Pf'er. She had just bought it brand new at the beginning of August and included the store receipt with the bag.

I've barely used the bag since I got it, and today noticed that there are frayed stitches and peeling/cracking glazing on the straps. In some places, the glazing just rubs right off with my fingernail. Surely this is not normal??!!!! Also, in some places the upper rim of vachetta that goes around the bag isn't flat and smooth but rather very bumpy, like it has been poorly sewn.

I want to return the bag for a replacement. Do you think LV will replace it for me with these problems? They aren't "huge" but if this is already happening at 1 month with very little use, what will it look like 3 months from now???

I am afraid to return to a store here in NYC b/c I do not have a store that I go to or an SA. Does this matter? I have the receipt but the bag was bought in another state.

I've read some horror stories on here about returns, which has me freaked out a little. :sad:

My straps did fray within the first 3 weeks of my purchase, but after a few months they look fine. No cracking though.

My sister in law had hers a month and found it really lopsided, so she took it back to the boutique here. After a bit of her "going back and forth" with the SA, LV exchanged it. It was her first LV and she didn't want them to send it in to be fixed because of the long wait. She had to be firm about it, but after the SA made the decision to give her the display model which was in perfect condition, the SA was very friendly. Still, this may have soured her on LV and I'm a bit upset because I spend a small fortune in that boutique with that SA and recommended my sister in law to her.

I'd try to exchange it if it bothers you...it can't hurt to try! :smile: Good luck!

Sounds to me like it needs to be reglazed and possibly re-stitched. LV does have a warranty for a year on things like this. Just bring it in, explain the problem and it should be fixed for you for free. The unfortunate part is, you will have to wait about 4 weeks.

this happened to my bag as well- and since the 'fraying' is considered A wear and tear issue, and not a product defect, they didn't exchange it. i just got my bag after 7 weeks-they replaced the straps and the top vanchetta. it looks really silly though, since the straps are a different shade than the side pulls. : (

My Neverfull has not aged well at all...I think it's just symptomatic of the thin straps. Also I find the weight of the pocket (even empty) causes the top of the bag to sag on one side - looks terrible! I think the neverfull has some design flaws...namely the silly pocket! :cursing:

Take the bag and the receipt. For all LV knows the person bought the bag for you as a gift. I would NOT state you bought it from the secondary market, for they will be less prone to bend a little for you as far as perhaps exchanging it. They will in the very least send it out for repairs, tell them you would appreciate a replacement. Most LV boutiques that I have bought from have a 6 month policy, meaning if the item is 6 months or less in age they replace, more than 6 months of age they send for repairs. So it is important you take the receipt with you otherwise to determine the 6 month time frame, the SAs use the date code inside the bag! Good Luck

i've had nothing but issues with returning/exchanging bags at LV. depending on the SA, they tend to like blaming the flaws/problems on you like you caused it and that there's no way potential flaws like that would get past their QC and their all-knowing SAs. psh. i think you may be able to get away with free repairs but being able to get a new bag will depend on the SA/store. good luck!!!

i've had nothing but issues with returning/exchanging bags at LV. depending on the SA, they tend to like blaming the flaws/problems on you like you caused it and that there's no way potential flaws like that would get past their QC and their all-knowing SAs. psh. i think you may be able to get away with free repairs but being able to get a new bag will depend on the SA/store. good luck!!!
yup, usually the SA will put the blame on you. otherwise, the SA will tell you that there isnt anything wrong with the bag. :cursing:

i always manage to get an exchange if i insist. i just told the SA that i bought such an expensive bag and i'm uncomfortable with these flaws therefore i insist an exchange. what can she do?! haha. evetually, the SA exchange for me. the SA should always remember that without people like us who buy from them and they will be jobless by now. :roflmfao: