new and in need of help!

Sep 20, 2007
Hi everyone! i was hoping to find some help here. i have been on this board all day yesterday and all morning today and i still can't find the answers i am looking for :shame: i am ready to make my first purchase and i don't even know where to start. how do i get on a list? do i call? i live in seattle, so would i have to fly to one of the stores and be in person to do all of this? i just have no idea what to do! sorry for so many annoying questions, i have been on here for hours and i am starting to go cross-eyed! lol! please help!:flowers:

these are the bags i am looking at and interested in, does anyone know exactly what these two would be called?

Attachments

• ashtraina08.jpg
    ashtraina08.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 163
  • llohan.jpg
    llohan.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 177
You would have to fly in person and create a 'relationship' with a SA. OR just buy it from eBay from a trusted seller. There is a list of great sellers who sell authentic on eBay in the "Hermes Shopping" forum.

I have a friend in Seattle. she shops at the LV Hermes. And she has a fair amount of birkins so it can be done. She does buy a fair amount of the H lifestyle tho which you will have to do - baby stuff, housewares, scarves, leather accessories, etc

You would have to fly in person and create a 'relationship' with a SA. OR just buy it from eBay from a trusted seller. There is a list of great sellers who sell authentic on eBay in the "Hermes Shopping" forum.

I have a friend in Seattle. she shops at the LV Hermes. And she has a fair amount of birkins so it can be done. She does buy a fair amount of the H lifestyle tho which you will have to do - baby stuff, housewares, scarves, leather accessories, etc

thanks for your recommendations.

can you order things like belts, scarves, bracelets over the phone to start a relationship?

thanks for your recommendations.

can you order things like belts, scarves, bracelets over the phone to start a relationship?

To start?
Yes. Get a SA recommendation for the H Boutique that you will be using from the forum. Work exclusively with this SA from then on.

Good luck!

Post a thread in the shopping forum asking for an SA recommendation that is happy to work with clients via phone or email. I'm sure there are some shoppers here with an SA that is open to another distance client.

Are there any other H bag styles that take your fancy, or are you particular to the Birkin? If there are other styles, start with those or accessories. There is so much more to the brandthan just the Birkin that I'm sure you can find something to help build a relationship with a store and SA. good luck! :tup:

lindseylee--welcome to the world of Hermes!! It's not impossible to "meet" an SA by phone and possibly order a birkin by phone. You just have to find the right sales associate to work with, and be very patient. I shop by phone with an SA that I met in the store once (after working with several SA's in the same store who really showed no interest in me after the initial visit/purchase), bought my kelly from her in the store, and ordered small items by phone from her since I bought my kelly. On my last call I asked about a birkin/HAC and she said she could place the order at her store manager's next visit to Paris. While I did meet her in the store when I bought my kelly, I don't think my "relationship" with her is based on that large purchase; rather it's based on the few phone calls and purchases over the last few months that allow her to recognize me by name. She's also been very willing from the very beginning to search for things that I asked for, even if not in her store. The important thing to "building a relationship with an SA" is, make sure you are buying things you actually want, not things you think will score points with an SA. I don't want you to think the ONLY way to get a birkin is to spend exorbitant amounts of money first, because you don't always have to. If you find the right person and store to work with (that may be the most time consuming part), you can get the chance to order your bag and also develop a friendly relationship with a store and an SA in the process.

Good luck!

ouija board am happy to hear you're enjoying your H process. Keeping my fingers crossed that you'll be getting your dream Birkin/HAC soon.

lindseylee7 welcome to the orange side. Do hang around here more. H is so much more than just the Birkin. Am sure you'll find out soon enough. :smile: