Kelly pochette in black swift - is it really impossible to get in an H boutique?

jedimaster

O.G.
Dec 21, 2006
Anybody tried to find one lately? I assume stores dont transfer pochettes? Why the sudden scarcity? It seemed like last year, they were everywhere and a year before that, they couldnt give them away. What happened?

They probably will not do a transfer, but perhaps they will do a charge send directly from the other boutique? The problem is that if the bag is not as you expected, you will only be able to return it or a store credit, even though you purchased sight unseen. Your SA will have to work it out for you in terms of getting the other boutique to send it to you. There have been times when other stores won't even do the charge send. I know, weird.

no, they would probably source one for you if you buy about $40,000 in ready to wear ;)

Putting together this and hermesmonkey's post, inotherwords, if you buy $40K in RTW, they will charge send one from another store, otherwise, forget it?

A related question - why RTW? Does RTW result in more "Hermes miles" for lack of a better term, than say, menswear, non-birkin/kelly bags, or other accessories? Forgive me if this is an inappropriate question but there is so much talk of the RTW being an issue that I have to ask. For good or for bad, the RTW is out of the question for me.

You know, I hadn't really thought about it...but I've seen a LOT of KPs lately.

ALL in suede :shrugs:

Seriously... I was in the market last winter/almost spring and all my local stores have had is brightly coloured suede KPs. And they kept getting them in! Turned me off of them for a long time, because as much as I love it in footwear, the thought of a suede clutch terrifies me. Where have all the leather KPs gone?

Well I was writing theoretically and making a joke at the same time but I think they get a personal commission for RTW and other non birkin and kelly goods. i think that's why we're hearing stories of Hermes Sales Clerks forcing people to buy a wallet or something besides what they really want in order to buy the birkin on display.

I have had no problems with getting store transfers or charge sends - as long as I stay away from the West Coast H stores. The stores in the other parts of the country seem to be much more accomodating.

You buy an awful lot of stuff though, I'm sure they're happy to do it for you ranag.

jedi, if you don't like the ready to wear, i'm sure about 40 pair of shoes or wallets will do too. don't fret, keep looking and we'll all keep our eyes peeled for one for you too :heart::heart::heart:

Last edited:
Well I was writing theoretically and making a joke at the same time but I think they get a personal commission for RTW and other non birkin and kelly goods. i think that's why we're hearing stories of Hermes Sales Clerks forcing people to buy a wallet or something besides what they really want in order to buy the birkin on display.

Whew! So maybe 35K will do (joke). This makes sense though. But quere - does a pochette count as a kelly (pooled commission) or individual sale?

lol you all are too funny!

hon, i have no clue what their commission deal is....except that people keep saying the birkins and kellys - those commissions are pooled or something like that. we'll find you one. don't worry.

I admit that I saw a lot last winter. Not as much this summer. Try calling the Tyson Corner store. They go above and beyond and you wont have to buy a wallet or RTW.

I saw a number of pochettes at FSH right around Christmas time last year, and there wasn't a single black leather one. There were a couple of black lizards, and many other colors in leather, but no black leather.
As for buying RTW being helpful, I don't have enough experience with it but I my guess is that it's generally harder to sell than other Hermes (leather) products, so it's something that an SA appreciates a lot.