What is the best & most durable cosmetic pouch?

haven

Jul 4, 2008
I had a mono poche toillette that I used to carry my lipstick, etc. Somehow the lining got damaged and started flaking off - probably something leaked. Service reps at the LV botique said that it could not be repaired (it is several years old - not new item).

My question is what would you get to replace it? I don't want this type of thing to happen again, so I am probably going to stay away from mono canvas. Anyone have a make up bag to recommend?

I use a damier mini pochette as my cosmetics pouch. I've had it for a year and a half and it's pretty much still like new, even though I carry it in my purse almost every day.

377976690_6ead112830.jpg

377976727_fb15209578.jpg

I had a mono poche toillette that I used to carry my lipstick, etc. Somehow the lining got damaged and started flaking off - probably something leaked. Service reps at the LV botique said that it could not be repaired (it is several years old - not new item).

My question is what would you get to replace it? I don't want this type of thing to happen again, so I am probably going to stay away from mono canvas. Anyone have a make up bag to recommend?

haven, I had the same issue with my cosmetic bag in which the lining was flaking off and ruining the contents because it would stick to them and be hard to wash off. Anyway, I brought it to LV to repair. They said they will send it away and it will cost $50. Four weeks later they called for me to pick it up, and to my surprise that replaced it with a new one. The new one is way better and it has a different lining so I know it won't happen again with this one. BTW, it's a mini pochette that they replaced it with and it works great as a cosmetic bag.

haven, I had the same issue with my cosmetic bag in which the lining was flaking off and ruining the contents because it would stick to them and be hard to wash off. Anyway, I brought it to LV to repair. They said they will send it away and it will cost $50. Four weeks later they called for me to pick it up, and to my surprise that replaced it with a new one. The new one is way better and it has a different lining so I know it won't happen again with this one. BTW, it's a mini pochette that they replaced it with and it works great as a cosmetic bag.

How old was your bag? I was hoping that they would replace it, but they did not offer to do that.

LOVE my vernis cosmetic pouch - I don't baby it, throw it in whatever bag I am carrying, open and close it at least one a day - it shows no signs of wear!

I have a monogram pochette (with the brown lining) and a damier navona (with the red lining) that are great for make up pouches - both have survived make up spills with no scars ! :yes:

I have the Damier pochette compact. It holds quite a bit. I carry a full compact and my lipstick is in its own case and that fits in as well. I love how it also has the little pocket for bills, my license etc.