seller is not qualified for pay pal

andee

O.G.
Dec 9, 2007
I won an item in an audtion last night and went to pay for it immediately. The seller had stated that she took paypay credit card.
I got a message saying the buyer was not pay pal approved.

So I sent an email and she wanted me to pay by google which I don't think is within ebay rules.
I told her know and said we needed to do a mutual withdrawal. I have not heard back from her and my ebay says I still have the payment pending.

What do I do if she never emails back ?
Do I do something? Will the pending payment drop off?

Argh. I rarely buy and am such a sellers dream. I have never had a problem.

I don't understand how they could say they take paypal if they don't??It says plain as day on the person's listing if they take PP and how much you are insured for the PP transaction??? Or did you just take this person's word and not actually see PP on the listing? That is kind of scary but I have bought from people who don't take PP. Sent money order, but you are NOT covered if anything goes wrong. What is their FB like?
I would call PP and tell them what happened if you don't want to go through with this. They can refund the $$ to your account probably if you explain.
I won an item in an audtion last night and went to pay for it immediately. The seller had stated that she took paypay credit card.
I got a message saying the buyer was not pay pal approved.

So I sent an email and she wanted me to pay by google which I don't think is within ebay rules.
I told her know and said we needed to do a mutual withdrawal. I have not heard back from her and my ebay says I still have the payment pending.

What do I do if she never emails back ?
Do I do something? Will the pending payment drop off?

Argh. I rarely buy and am such a sellers dream. I have never had a problem.

It said plain as day that she took pay pay.

I never paid for it because she then asked me to pay thru google.

How do I withdraw? This is new to me. The auction is over and it says I have a pending payment.

I thought a seller can't advertise that s/he takes google in an auction but can direct buyers to her/his merchant account. I've used this in the past with no problem...has something changed?

I agree. You can't list Google Checkout on your listing, but if that is your merchant account for processing credit cards eBay can't object.

However, if the buyer feels uncomfortable about paying with Google Checkout then eBay will likely let you out.

She may have said she accepted Paypal Credit Card, but that isn't the same as credit cards processed via Paypal. Was there a Paypal logo on the auction, not just her statement that she accepted Paypal?

It said plain as day that she took pay pay.

I never paid for it because she then asked me to pay thru google.

How do I withdraw? This is new to me. The auction is over and it says I have a pending payment.
Maybe she is trying to save the Paypal fees? But it is NOT kosher that she should list she takes paypal if she won't. Did she give you a choice between PP and Google or just say Google only? I would report this to ebay/Paypal.

her listing has the pay pal logo and standard box. There is nothing mentioned about Google. I have sent 4 emails and no reply. I am very unfamiliar with eBay.

What/how do I remove this? I am not interested in inflicting punishment on the seller. I just want to correct this.
I am uncomfortable now in purchasing the item by any means.

The retract bid form does not have an option that describes this situation. help.

IF Ebay does not allow google checkout.... then you should be able to go to the bottom of the auction page, click REPORT THIS ITEM,
Report Category
Listing Policy Breaches
Reason for Report
Select Fraudulent listings (illegal seller demands, item not received, etc.)Stolen property
Detailed Reason
Select Seller is requesting payment via an unsafe method

And then in the description state that the auction listing states paypal, but seller has emailed that you need to pay with google checkout. Hopefully, ebay will remove the listing which would cancel the transaction.
You could also FORWARD the seller's email to Ebay Support [email protected]
Explain your issue and include the auction link.

You cannot withdraw a bid from an auction that you have won. You must file a non-selling seller report and then explain she would not take PayPal after having in her auction that she accepts PayPal.

This is a mess and going to be difficult unless she will take a money order (I would make it a USPS m.o.) and have certified receipt on it.

Come October, she will accept PayPal or nothing.

Well, the fact that she put the PayPal logo on their auction is saying that they accept PP. What's weird is, in order to get the HTML code for that logo, you have to have a PP account. How on earth did she get around that if she doesn't have a PP account?

Very confusing. Maybe PP recently suspended her and she no longer has a PP account, but obviously didn't realize she still had the PP logo in her listing. Usually it's automatic if you use a template, especially through Auctiva.

That is really weird.

However, I agree with the above comments. If you're uncomfortable paying through Google and don't want to go through the hassle, then you NEED to contact eBay and let them know what's going on. It won't necessarily suspend the seller, but at least they can guide you to what to do. Otherwise, my only other recommendation around this is to send her a money order.

I chatted with eBay and they say she has to file something and show it as mutually agreed.
Now I just got an email from her and she says to send the payment to an email address at yahoo thru Google. I have no idea how to do this and am not interested in buying from her. She says her pay pal is "not working" . I am not sending a money order.

Sounds suspicious. Tell her you will use Paypal or nothing. Ask her to mutually withdraw the transaction. You file the form with ebay. I would report to ebay/Paypal.