Why Can't Buyers READ??

KittyKat65

O.G.
Feb 27, 2007
I just sold a pair of Chanel shoes and the auction was for U.S. bidders only. Well, my lucky winner is from South Korea! Yippeee, fabby! My shipping specified in the auction was $7.50. Now what? I sent her an invoice adding $38.00 (per the USPS estimate to ship to South Korea). Why can't people read? What if she negs me? :cursing:

When you list, there's an option that allows you to block bidders from countries you don't want to sell to.

There are many threads here regarding this issue.

Had similar situation --- listed an item with clear notice that international buyers must pay by wire transfer. Of course a buyer from Thailand (w/private fb) BIN and pays with paypal. I sent a refund with a polite message that s/he must pay by wire so please contact me and I'll give my bank info. Haven't heard from her/him.

KittyKat65 - did you confirm that your buyer knows she's responsible for custom charges?

I dont think anyone reads anymore. I kid you not I had 20 emails in one day all from the same bidder with questions, all to which the answers were in my listing. Not only that she kept repeating the questions after I had answered them already!! What the f is wrong with people?:cursing:

Here is the response:

Hi,again.
I understand you....But if you mark it over 200$,I have to pay another 45$ for Korean customs.
I have 1070+100% positive feedbacks...Please trust me and please mark it under 100$...please please please.....

I would tell her "sorry but that's why my auction clearly states US BIDDERS ONLY!" Some people shouldn't be allowed on eBay.

Here is the response:

Hi,again.
I understand you....But if you mark it over 200$,I have to pay another 45$ for Korean customs.
I have 1070+100% positive feedbacks...Please trust me and please mark it under 100$...please please please.....

Omg, I know..I know!! Same thing over here. Luckily, I know to set my preferences so int'l bidders can't bid. However, they still email me asking how much for shipping to Germany, yadda yadda?
I also work in my family's restaurant and let me tell you- people don't read the menu there either. I had a couple with a big to-go order yesterday order a bunch of stuff w//out looking at the menu and then got mad at the total cost. Some people are just lazy and unaware of how things work.

You can block out international bidders from your auctions. Put in your listing that international buyers can email you to see whether you will ship to that particular place and person.
You will NOT be covered by Paypal or the post office insurance if you undervalue it. Just in case anything goes wrong...most people find this out the hard way.

Here is the response:

Hi,again.

you need let her know that you are refunding her and contacting ebay to get the transaction cancelled. She is asking you to defraud customs, as well as lie on a customs form. then asking you in the same sentence to trust her. no, i wouldn't trust her, nor sell to her.

let here know that you are only selling to US buyers as advertised in your auction, and that she is asking you to break the law, which you will not do. as well, because she is asking you that, you are uncomfortable having a transaction with her. and get your FVF back!

ITA! My buyer did the same and I had to tell her "sorry, can't do that" I'm going after my FVF now because the transaction is over as far as I'm concerned.

you need let her know that you are refunding her and contacting ebay to get the transaction cancelled. She is asking you to defraud customs, as well as lie on a customs form. then asking you in the same sentence to trust her. no, i wouldn't trust her, nor sell to her.

let here know that you are only selling to US buyers as advertised in your auction, and that she is asking you to break the law, which you will not do. as well, because she is asking you that, you are uncomfortable having a transaction with her. and get your FVF back!

U.S. bidders only means U.S. bidders only. I would not sell her the bag. Bidding on an auction that clearly states she doesn't qualify as a buyer is BS. If you send that bag, you're breaking your own rules. Maybe this is why they keep ignoring the instructions, because we give in and sell them the bags. I would refund her minus the e`bay fees that she owes you for having ignored your terms and bid on an auction she had no business bidding on. :smile: