Creases on almost brand-new Nikki -- help!

JennyS315

Midwestern Minkette
O.G.
May 24, 2008
So, I am a relatively new devotee of RM, also new to tPF. My first RM was a Sea Green Nikki. I've been carrying the SG Nikki for about two weeks now, pretty much nonstop. I've conditioned it and waterproofed it with Apple products, per everyone's advice on this wonderful forum.

However, today, I noticed that there are two symmetrical creases on one side of the Nikki (the side I carry most often towards my body):

Left side:

Nikki1-1.jpg

Right side:

Nikki2-1.jpg

I've looked around on the forum and I know some of you have talked about how certain Nikkis are smooshier than others and some are stiffer than others and need to be broken in. The Nikki has definitely gotten smooshier over the two weeks I've been using it, but I was wondering if this is a typical symptom of the breaking in of the bag? Have others had the same thing happen to their Nikkis? I'm sort of annoyed because they look like scratches and I've only been using the Nikki for two weeks...

Please let me know if you've had a similar problem and what might be done to reduce the appearance of these creases...

Thank you! :smile: :smile:

Jenny

My Double Cream Nikki, which I think is similar in leather texture to the Seagreen, has some similar creases. I think it is just a characteristic of the leather.

Thanks, the color really is great ;)

This evening as I carried it I was noticing that it does slouch along the creases/lines that have formed, so they shouldn't be too noticeable. I was just shocked by it in the bright light this morning, they've probably been there for a few days and I just didn't notice before.

From your pics the creases don't look too terribly bad. I just started carrying my sea green nikki yesterday so I'll let you know if I experience the same thing. Although I haven't protected mine yet and I'm pretty nervous about that. :sweatdrop: I should probably do that, huh? I've just been too lazy to order the products online :Push:

From your pics the creases don't look too terribly bad. I just started carrying my sea green nikki yesterday so I'll let you know if I experience the same thing. Although I haven't protected mine yet and I'm pretty nervous about that. :sweatdrop: I should probably do that, huh? I've just been too lazy to order the products online :Push:

I hope you don't have the same problem. I also conditioned it again yesterday, even though I'd already conditioned it once. The creases are only really visible in very bright daylight and if you're looking for them. I can just keep that side towards my body....:smile:

I was also nervous about conditioning it for the first time as this was my first RM, but it turned out just fine. The Apple conditioner darkened the sea green color temporarily, but that went away after a few hours, and the leather felt much softer afterward. I can see why everyone recommends the products so much (though I've never carried a treated bag before, ever, and they were just fine w/o it...).

Thanks so much for the info. I need to buy myself some of that conditioner and stain/water repellant. I just couldn't decide on a brand so I didn't buy anything! :nuts: I've used my sea green nikki only a handful of times now but the leather on my bag has softened up quite a bit. I can't believe how noticeably soft it's gotten in the few times I've used it! I'll inspect it for the creases you have and I'll let you know what happens. ;)