Help with RTW sizing?

jedimaster

O.G.
Dec 21, 2006
Any guidance as to what sizes correspond to, say, in US sizes, German or Italian sizes? If someone were a 4 in US, a 34 in Jil Sander, a 40 in Armani, and a 42 in Prada, whats that translate to in Hermes? 38? 40? Thanks in advance.

Jedimaster - I tried on a couple of Hermes jackets/coats last week and I fit into a range from 34, 38 and 42. I'm a 44 in Armani. I was rather surprised - the SA told me that it really depends on what you're trying on.

Jedimaster - I tried on a couple of Hermes jackets/coats last week and I fit into a range from 34, 38 and 42. I'm a 44 in Armani. I was rather surprised - the SA told me that it really depends on what you're trying on.

I definitely agree. The ready-to-wear pieces I have are all in different sizes. It is best to try them on first if you can.

Any guidance as to what sizes correspond to, say, in US sizes, German or Italian sizes? If someone were a 4 in US, a 34 in Jil Sander, a 40 in Armani, and a 42 in Prada, whats that translate to in Hermes? 38? 40? Thanks in advance.

Jedimaster - This is the way it fits me...
Armani Black Label 42 -- H RTW 40 -- US 8
Armani Black Label 40 -- H RTW 38 -- US 6