Coach Platinum Metalic Lily

Firefly32

O.G.
Jul 20, 2008
I posted a pic of her here the other day! I love the bag but I am afraid to use her. I called an SA at the Coach store and she says the bag should last between 3-5 years. Is that good, I was thinking of trading her in for a Leather Lily but I don't want a heavy bag.

What do you guys think, just use her and don't worry about it? I am not rough with my bags and I switch out bags alot too! I do love the bag :smile:

Carrie

I only used my Metallic Carly 3 times and the metallic started to rub off. I know I will never buy another metallic bag again no matter how pretty they are. If you use it and it starts to rub off right away then you can probably switch it.

Only 3-5 years?? That sounds ridic to me. WHat happened to a lifetime warranty??

I guess this doesn't fall under their warranty lol The SA told me that the Metalic is dusted on so as it rubs off with use of the bag it's considered wear and tear on the bag. I am getting a headache from all this Coach Crap! I knew I was in trouble when I saw this bag and I am lol I really want to use the bag but she was $998. Only 3-5 years on a bag that is worth this much. I should have questioned it when I was ready to purchase her but she was so pretty and I just wanted her!

Carrie

I guess it's selective! I have called a few Coach stores and they tell me the same thing. One had said if it looks excessive after a month or two bring it in to be examined. I think any time after that to me it seems like they are saying it will be of normal use if it rubs off. I do love the bag and what the hell it's only money right. I doub't I would get nearly what I paid for it if I put it on ebay and there is nothing else in the store that I like. I guess I will use her and see how it goes.

Carrie

I have the medium metallic Lily and the wallet and have not had any issues at all. I carried it about 2 months or so and am now carrying my metallic Juliette in platinum. No problems with any of them!

:censor:

OK, that being said. I also have the medium metallic Lily & a matching Coach wallet. I got it when it first came out. And while I don't use it every day, I haven't noticed any wear that would indicate that the metallic is coming off. I think that Coach is just setting themselves up with a CYA just in case. Which SUCKS by the way.

As I understand it, it's a warranty for the LIFE of the bag. But look at the history of Coach -- and look how many vintage bags there are out on the bay. Mostly, they last. Of course, there are always exceptions. I might have the same vehicle as 40 other people and my engine goes bad, but everyone else's is fab. Same theory. If the metallic rubs off and looks too bad, then you can decide if you want to send it back to Coach.
I guess I have decided that life is short....I am in my 50's, so if I love a bag, I'm going to carry it. I have taken back or sold a few that I decided I wasn't into carrying or I was too concerned about it.
It's so great that you could afford to pay that much for a bag, so you should enjoy it. If you can't enjoy it, maybe you should return it for two bags that you can carry all the time? Personally, I think that metallic Lily is the absolute finest looking of all of them.
JMHO.

I am glad to hear from others that their stuff is holding up! I will be sure to post and update how it's going with my lily.

Do you guys use any cleaner or anything?

Carrie

No cleaner or anything on the metallic Lily. If you need to wipe it off, I would just use a damp cloth. The metallic leather on the Lily is different than the metallic Carly. My SA mentioned before that the ones that rub off a lot are the dusted ones and the Lily is not dusted. I also have the Francine in Metallic which is also not dusted and she is holding up fine too.
I love them both and plan to use them a long time!!! Enjoy! Everyone will compliment you on that Lily!!! :tup:

I don't use my metallics as everyday bags. I've sprayed them all with Apple Rain Garde. None of my bags show wear yet. I used metallic beecker tote and woven pocket hobo on a trip, even the straps show no wear. I eventually expect to see some wear, just like any bag, I think the big difference is the color tone of the leather under the metallic if it's light the wear won't be so obvious.

I don't use my metallics as everyday bags. I've sprayed them all with Apple Rain Garde. None of my bags show wear yet. I used metallic beecker tote and woven pocket hobo on a trip, even the straps show no wear. I eventually expect to see some wear, just like any bag, I think the big difference is the color tone of the leather under the metallic if it's light the wear won't be so obvious.

So no issues with the Apple Rain Garde....I might try this too just as an extra precaution. I picked some up at Burliington Coat Factory. Have u used it on any suede bags? TIA and thanks for sharing! :yahoo:

I think the Lifetime warranty applies to the lifetime of the bag. It like a car's lifetime bumper-to-bumper warranty, if you read the fine print it is only 7 years. A well maintained car can last 20.