Ignes bags- the discussion continues

Ok, someone asked abut the weight of my bags (can't remmeber who- sorry).

Here you go:

Ormala-- 2 pounds 9.5 ounces
Sofia-- 2 pounds 13-14 ounces (depending on leather
Midi-sofia 2 pounds 5 ounces (patent leather)

Does anyone know what suede linings are available right now?

Also, is anyone interested in doing photos of how much can fir into a small Sophia and also a midi Sophia?
Trying to figure out what size is better.

Would the small Sophia carry a Coach make-up bag, MJ zippy wallet, cell phone, digital camera, and other things like pens and lip glosses? Ya know, the usual junk? LOL

Do a new thread- "What's inside your Ignes Handbag". Maybe at some point we'll get an Ignes sub forum. LOL

Last edited:
Great idea for a new thread.

Alas, I am going to have to jump off the bandwagon so to speak so no new Ignes orders for me for a while. i will have to live vicariously through your orders!

Also, is anyone interested in doing photos of how much can fir into a small Sophia and also a midi Sophia?

Would the small Sophia carry a Coach make-up bag, MJ zippy wallet, cell phone, digital camera, and other things like pens and lip glosses? Ya know, the usual junk? LOL

Do a new thread- "What's inside your Ignes Handbag". Maybe at some point we'll get an Ignes sub forum. LOL

Love the thread idea!

Okay, for me, the mini would not do those things which is why I did the return. The bag fit a full size wallet- like 7.5 inches long and a very slim makeup bag in the main part. However, it was crammed, IMO and I knew I'd struggle w/ getting things in and out. I could not have fit a digital camera in comfortably. Pens, gloss and phone were fine. However, the side pocket for the phone was way too small for my phone. That's just my take b/c I know some other ladies feel that the bag accommodates those things. I don't like having to rearrange and really *try* to fit things in, if that makes sense. I like to be able to grab things out and drop back in easily.

lionlaw, you will have to use your purse selecting super powers to help the rest of us. Not that I can order for several months or anything. I was dangling the 15% in front of dh's nose this morning, saying, "you can still get my Christmas gift at 15% and free shipping today." (I just finalized, so I'm guessing Ignacio would accept one more inspired purchase.) Dh didn't bite, so I'm done for now, too. Just a wishlist at this point and concerned about my Virginia potential...would have bought her instead of Tango Max had I known.

lionlaw, you will have to use your purse selecting super powers to help the rest of us. Not that I can order for several months or anything. I was dangling the 15% in front of dh's nose this morning, saying, "you can still get my Christmas gift at 15% and free shipping today." (I just finalized, so I'm guessing Ignacio would accept one more inspired purchase.) Dh didn't bite, so I'm done for now, too. Just a wishlist at this point and concerned about my Virginia potential...would have bought her instead of Tango Max had I known.

Darn! Especially with the price increase, he's missing out on a good deal! ;)

Y'all, is the tinted chocolate structured at all? I searched the threads and it seemed that the color was mainly in a picture of a sophia. Did anyone ever get more of the scoop on that one? Still waiting to hear back from Ignacio so thought I'd ask on the thread about this. thanks!

Ignes is so backlogged that it might be worth checking with Ignacio to see if they can switch from the tango to the Virginia for you. Might be worth a shot.

that's a good idea for a thread! when i posted pics of my minisophia i included a pic of what i carried inside.

in my patent mini sophia, i can fit the following comfortably:

HH wallet
canon sd1000 digicam
phone
blackberry
pen
makeup pouch
assorted bits and pieces

i don't use the small outside pocket on the side because it's too small for my phone. however, if the leather was not patent, i'm sure i could have slipped it in.

I did email about my Virginia potential, and if he suggests switching for now, then I will...but don't want to stress him completely.

IF I can get a Virginia and wait on Tango Max in yummy red patent, what color? I'm loving the all purple patent :graucho:. But tone on tone of purple in a pebbles and a pattent?

Ignes is so backlogged that it might be worth checking with Ignacio to see if they can switch from the tango to the Virginia for you. Might be worth a shot.

I did email about my Virginia potential, and if he suggests switching for now, then I will...but don't want to stress him completely.

IF I can get a Virginia and wait on Tango Max in yummy red patent, what color? I'm loving the all purple patent :graucho:. But tone on tone of purple in a pebbles and a pattent?

Don't you have a purple patent ormala coming (but with pink accents)? If so, why not switch it up and go for a different color?

Edited to add some pics -

Full size checkbook wallet
Small Coach Wristlet
Coach Mini Skinny
Hairbrush
Small Tissue Packet

That fills up the bottom - I can shove a paperback in there or could
put my digital camera in there in a pinch (it's on the slim side) but it
would be sitting on top of that other stuff. However, it still closes nicely
with no sign of bulk.

I use the side pocket for my cell phone - it's a tight fit but it fits.

Without a paperback -

insidems1.jpg

With a paperback -

insidems2.jpg

Linda

Last edited:
I do...but I'm thinking the pink and purple together will be so wild that it won't look purple so much as psychotic.

I could do black textured on black...or patent grey. All speculation, of course.

Don't you have a purple patent ormala coming (but with pink accents)? If so, why not switch it up and go for a different color?