Are LOEWE worth it or same as LV, GUCCI, PRADA?

LV-PRADAfanatic

Built Hot for LV
Oct 24, 2007
hey all. i just saw the PERFECT bag for me BUT i never heard of LOEWE till today... so i have few questions:

1. is the price worth it for something that is not as popular as LV, PRADA, GUCCI?

2. where does it stand in branding e.g upscale or midscale?

3. does it have resale value?

Indeed - it IS a upscale/luxury brand that is much bigger in Europe AND esp. Asia.
IMO - Loewe leather bags are by far superior to Prada.

IF you are brand conscious and think that it adds value to a bag - than I would suggest that you steer away from the purchase.
IF you love the bag and don't care about brand/name recognition for the vast majority out there - than by all means - buy the beauty!

Resale? Hmmm.....you may not get as much $ for it since the vast majority of folks out there have never heard of the brand.

Only buy the bag IF you love it and don't expect to sell it for an outstanding price.

Good luck!

hey all. i just saw the PERFECT bag for me BUT i never heard of LOEWE till today... so i have few questions:

1. is the price worth it for something that is not as popular as LV, PRADA, GUCCI?

2. where does it stand in branding e.g upscale or midscale?

3. does it have resale value?

Reactions: Lola24
The leather is soft, amazing and TDF. They made quality, beautiful and understated bags. So, if it's recognition you're going for, this probably isn't the brand for you, since most people don't know it.

Loewe is very popular in Asia, especially Japan (a very quality-discerning crowd). Their bags are well-made, very fine and yet discrete. I would buy Loewe over Prada and Gucci anyday.

Loewe is a solid brand. My only concern about resale is this: I have several Tod's bags and they are great bags but because this brand is not as hot as LV or Gucci, I have had trouble reselling them or if there is interest, the price is very low. has anyone else noticed this?

I think their bags are AWESOME! They don't look like the stuff from any other designer and honestly, I think that their star is on the rise again. Didn't they just get a new creative director?

Loewe bags are GORGEOUS- I've been drooling on the Nappa Aire bags for a while now- I wish there were US retailers, as the only option has been Ebay, which I don't trust :sad:.