Travel BAHAMAS! tips - questions - advice

honestly i went snorkling there and it was not one of my favorite places for snorkling
i went on a day cruise that took us out, maybe your excursion will take you somewhere better than mine??

i prefer snorkling off the beach

Im at ATlantis right now and they have TONS of places here to snorkel...and they seem alot nicer than Nassau..have u looked there?we had a blast in the AQUAVENTURE water park at ATLANTIS today...it costs money if u dont stay there but its WORTH IT!
we had the best day ever on those water slides..they take u via conveyor belts on rafts so u NEVER get out of the water!!check it out!

Just returned tonight from the BAHAMAS!
Can i just say.... We LOVED the new water slides!!omg..we spent like 4 hours a day minimum on the aquaventure slides..u never get out of the water..they use conveyor belts to get u to each section..and it has AWESOME slides.My 12 yr old loved THE FALLS slide where my hubby preferred the scarier and faster"THE DROP" slide....u come to a split in a tube and can choose to continue river rafting or choose the slides
HIGHLY recommend it!the best vacation ever if u have a kid that can do the slides(over 48 inches)
anyway..the best meal ever was at the SEAFIRE STEAKHOUSE...truly amazing food,service..but EXPENSIVE..we also ate at Carmines,Chopsticks...they were good but the service staff was RUDE at Carmines to everyone.
oh,i forgot to add....if u go on the slides...keep yur elbows inside the tubes..I lost all the skin on one elbow and one foot..LMAO...but it was worth it.we had beautiful weather,strong alcohol and great food!:yahoo:

yay jill! i'm so happy you all had a blast at atlantis!!!

the slides sound like SO MUCH FUN. i LOVE waterslides!!!! and it is so cool that you don't even have to get out of the water to go to the next one. i'd be in heaven! lol!

welcome back!!!!!!

I am leaving for the Bahamas on Friday and staying at Atlantis. I am so excited after seeing your post!! How was the slide in terms of length and where it ends? Does it end in a deep pool? I'm not a great swimmer but am dying to try it out. How was everything else? Any details would be greatly appreciated. TIA!!

^All the pools and slides are no more than like 4 feet deep..My hubby isnt a strong swimmer either..so u will b fine!all the slides are pretty short and quick too..the only one that made me a tad queasy was the MAYAN Temple slide..LOL!
Make sure u make dinner reservations ASAP..alot of places were already booked..U MUST eat at Seafire Steakhouse..its awesome!
Have an awesome time!!!!!!we had a blast and really needed it!!

Thanks Jill! I just made reservations for dinner at Mesa Grill, Cafe Martinique ( saw a special on Martha about Atlantis the other day and this was on it - knew I had to check it out), and Dune. I may have to add Seafire in somehow! I keep seeing mixed reviews on Atlantis but I am pretty easy to please. Glad to hear you had so much fun, don't you just hate how vacations fly by!

^Well,beware that the service is NOT perfect in the hotel..we had a broken tv the ENTIRE stay and had called a dozen times..they didnt do anything till the LAST day to fix it.
But u really dont spend ANY time in the room anyway....they r very laid back there.
oh and make sure u go to the towel hut each morning and get a wrist band..u need to b wearing it to get n the slides..they have a new band color each day(and keep your arms inside the tubes on the slides..LOL..i lost the skin off one elbow and its still killing me!HEHE)

Hubby and I were talking about going to Grand Caymen, now we are talking about going to the Bahamas....

Whos been? Where did you stay? What island?!!

We like all inclusive resorts (hes already been to atlantis)

Any help would be great.... were going to talk to our travel agent soon, but I like to hear personal stories first!!!

Thanks so much!

I just got back this week..Honestly,the only place id stay is ATlantis.u never have to leave the property....everything is there..great food,beach,alcohol and shopping(my necessities!LOL!)

I just got back this week..Honestly,the only place id stay is ATlantis.u never have to leave the property....everything is there..great food,beach,alcohol and shopping(my necessities!LOL!)

thankss!!! i just saw your thread... it defiantly sounds like you had a blast!

ill have to check them out... my hubby went then when he was on a cruise but he didnt actually stay there, he was just there for the day..... so it would be fun to stay there! he said the place was huge and beautiful!

Which island are you planning on going to? I've stayed at the Sheraton (I think that is what it is) right next to the Atlantis. It was cheaper and we could use all the Atlantis ammenities. Plus, we didn't have to deal with children running amok.
I actually liked the island of Grand Bahama better. I thought it was a nicer island and wasn't as commercial as Paradise Island. I stayed at the Our Lucaya resort complex not long after it opened. The resort was gorgeous and so were the beaches. I would go back there in a heartbeat. But I guess it really depends on what you are looking for in terms of a vacation.
If you want a relaxing getaway in a relatively hurricane-safe area, you should try the ABC islands -- Aruba, Bonaire or Curacao --- or my old home of St Kitts and Nevis.