Need advise on the new Legacy Leather Top Handle Bag

noxxy

O.G.
Aug 28, 2008
Pls help..

I need advise on whether it is worth to purchase the new Legacy Leather Top Handle. I love the design on the bag and color, brass, however have doubts on its quality esp after I tried on the bag which do not feel very sturdy.

Seems that the quality of the leather used nowadays is getting poorer; they only list the leather as lightweight? On a bag costing USD$758 or S$1715??! Should I even consider it or simply get another model with better and heavier leather, which is more lasting and cheaper? TIA! :confused1:

hmmmm interesting...the top handles are nice but i see them as business bags...just like i wanted the large bleecker tote in tan until i laid my eyes on the extra large zoe in black today..i didn't try on the top handle but the leather on it online looked pretty sturdy...

If after trying it on you had doubts, don't get it. It's not worth it to spend the money and not be happy.

I personally like the leather. I have several original Legacy leather bags and there is nothing that compares. I just wish they didn't call this leather collection "Legacy". This way it could have stood on it's own as a light weight leather. "Legacy" is too much to live up to.

I tried the new Legacy Top Handle on and fell in love. I just don't want to spend $798 on it. Maybe if I get next PCE and it's not excluded, I will buy it.

Thanks so much for ur advise. Feels better after hearing it.

I wanted the Gigi in Teal so much but hub bought the Ergo patent in Blue.. :sad: Is a nice bag but rather small imo as I prefer larger and slouchy bags..

Likes the top handle but was wondering if it is sturdy enough and not give way easily since the quality seems to drop while the prices are skyrocketing!

Wondering now should i get in brass or grey.. :shame:

I'm away at the moment and can't respond fully, but I had posted a long thread about this bag. If you search for the Legacy pilot top handle, you will probably hit it. I hated that bag, everything about it other than the style. I liked the style, so that's why I had tried it in the beginning. Problem is it's meant to be structured but is not. After the leather breaks in, it just gets worse IMO, and for the money, it's not worth it. After using it for a few weeks, my SA took it from me (literally...she said I wasn't leaving the store with the bag, lol), and I returned it for the satchel, which I'm much happier with because it has some structure. I personally do not like the leather at all, whether it's called Legacy or some other line name. However, I agree it's hard to live up to the old Legacy, and you should definitely judge this bag for yourself. Some people will love it, and you may be one of those people! Just keep in mind that it will break in, and when you try it, try it with the stuff you will carry...not just carry it around the store with packing materials in it. The top handle will most likely not function at all with your stuff because there's no reinforcement in the flap, and when it pulls up, it exposes the front pockets. I really didn't have a huge amount of stuff in my bag, but I just found it impossible to deal with. I would say if you try your own stuff, and you like the way it functions (while at the same time considering what it will be like after it's broken in), then you will probably be ok with the bag and like it. I'm not trying to sway you against it, but you asked for advice, and this is my own personal opinion (which happens to be very strong after dealing with the bag for a few weeks). Every other bag in the line is better IMO as far as the structure issue goes. If you just want a shoulder bag, I would stick with the medium flap style, because the handle can also be annoying when you carry the top handle with the shoulder strap. Cute style, but just nonfunctional.

I'm away at the moment and can't respond fully, but I had posted a long thread about this bag. If you search for the Legacy pilot top handle, you will probably hit it. I hated that bag, everything about it other than the style. I liked the style, so that's why I had tried it in the beginning. Problem is it's meant to be structured but is not. After the leather breaks in, it just gets worse IMO, and for the money, it's not worth it. After using it for a few weeks, my SA took it from me (literally...she said I wasn't leaving the store with the bag, lol), and I returned it for the satchel, which I'm much happier with because it has some structure. I personally do not like the leather at all, whether it's called Legacy or some other line name. However, I agree it's hard to live up to the old Legacy, and you should definitely judge this bag for yourself. Some people will love it, and you may be one of those people! Just keep in mind that it will break in, and when you try it, try it with the stuff you will carry...not just carry it around the store with packing materials in it. The top handle will most likely not function at all with your stuff because there's no reinforcement in the flap, and when it pulls up, it exposes the front pockets. I really didn't have a huge amount of stuff in my bag, but I just found it impossible to deal with. I would say if you try your own stuff, and you like the way it functions (while at the same time considering what it will be like after it's broken in), then you will probably be ok with the bag and like it. I'm not trying to sway you against it, but you asked for advice, and this is my own personal opinion (which happens to be very strong after dealing with the bag for a few weeks). Every other bag in the line is better IMO as far as the structure issue goes. If you just want a shoulder bag, I would stick with the medium flap style, because the handle can also be annoying when you carry the top handle with the shoulder strap. Cute style, but just nonfunctional.

thanks so much dearie! Will search for more info regarding this bag before plonking down the $$ to buy it. (The handle seems tad filmsy when I carried it).. :sad:

i just purchased this bag today, i looooooooooove the style but i dont know if i will be keeping it. i will post modeling pics in another thread so that you girls can give me your opinions on it! thanks