Computer question

I have a dell computer and I think it just crashed. I'm not sure why, I use laptop more now. Anyway, I have a lot things saved onto it. If I bring it to dell, or call them, can they fix it without me loosing stuff? :sad:

So do I!

Do you think it's the HDD that's broken or the motherboard? If the HDD is still okay, you're probably going to be able to get most (if not all) your information back :smile:

I'd use the Dell Live Chat feature and ask them directly...if the computer is still under warranty, they will get that all squared away too :smile:

So do I!

Do you think it's the HDD that's broken or the motherboard? If the HDD is still okay, you're probably going to be able to get most (if not all) your information back :smile:

I'd use the Dell Live Chat feature and ask them directly...if the computer is still under warranty, they will get that all squared away too :smile:

I have no idea, because I have no idea what computer parts are and how they work. I'm going to call dell when I come from food shopping later. See how it goes.

^^^I will try to do this. :sad:

I called Dell and everything kept going wrong. My dogs ran into the room and I had to hang up and shoe them out. Then, I call and you knpw when that automated voice comes up, my boyfriend called and i said call me later. I went back but it was screwy so I hung up. I get threw. I was told to buy 49.99 extended warranty for one time use. Then he keeps asking me stuff and nothing really happens. He says I need an XP cd. I can[t find. So, I hang up. I'm going to see if I can find it and boyfriend said he'll see if he has one but he's almost computer illiterate.

Yes. :sad: O feel bad now. I was trying to upload pics to my conputer from my digi cam but never got that fae. My computer frooze and I turned it off. Turned it on, got that, and unplugged it a few times but no use.

Yikes! That sounds pretty bad.

Is your camera connected to your computer by a USB port? I had this weird glitch on my desktop once. It would sometimes get a blue screen when I turned on my USB connected printer. Are you turning your computer back on with the camera on and plugged in? If you are, try turning it on without the camera plugged in.

If XP is the problem, you should have received an XP cd with your computer when you got it.

Yikes! That sounds pretty bad.

Is your camera connected to your computer by a USB port? I had this weird glitch on my desktop once. It would sometimes get a blue screen when I turned on my USB connected printer. Are you turning your computer back on with the camera on and plugged in? If you are, try turning it on without the camera plugged in.

If XP is the problem, you should have received an XP cd with your computer when you got it.

I thought it was that, too but I unplugged it and still blue. However, I'm hoping, when I fork over the 49.99 I can savwe stuff to my flash drive. Then buy a new desktop.

I thought it was that, too but I unplugged it and still blue. However, I'm hoping, when I fork over the 49.99 I can savwe stuff to my flash drive. Then buy a new desktop.

Argh, sorry I can't help you out more. Dell has good customer service though so hopefully they can square things away (even if it means $50).