30 day selling restriction on ebay account?

aimtree

O.G.
Mar 10, 2008
HI,I was trying to revise one of my ebay items yesterday and I got hit with the dreaded "30 day restriction" ban on ebay for selling designer goods. Has anyone else had this, can you appeal?
I was only selling one item and Not only could I not revise my item, but I now can't relist either so am very grumpy at the moment with ebay.:crybaby:
Oh also,
Has anyone heard of the selling site:Bonanzle

Some other TPFers were speaking about it as an ebay alternative, don't know if it will catch on, as seems a bit sparse at the moment?

HI,I was trying to revise one of my ebay items yesterday and I got hit with the dreaded "30 day restriction" ban on ebay for selling designer goods. Has anyone else had this, can you appeal?
I was only selling one item and Not only could I not revise my item, but I now can't relist either so am very grumpy at the moment with ebay.:crybaby:
Oh also,
Has anyone heard of the selling site:Bonanzle

Some other TPFers were speaking about it as an ebay alternative, don't know if it will catch on, as seems a bit sparse at the moment?

Hey Aim... in the purse forum - ebay forum, there are several posts about this. Try searching TPF "30 day restriction". Lots of ladies aggravated!

thanks:smile:. I just read some stuff about it,but I only sold two bags this year, so I was surprised they picked on me. I think they count revisions per listing as well so maybe that counted against me?, but makes no sense.

Also why don't they just spend their time taking off all those silly plastic chloes.
I heard of two TPFers who got their genuine bags taken down this week which is crazy.
I think soon ebay are going to annoy too many genuine sellers and all that will be left is the plastic chloes and that will serve them right!
I wish there was an alternative.
Sorry about the mini rant I'm just so cross at ebay.

thanks:smile:. I just read some stuff about it,but I only sold two bags this year, so I was surprised they picked on me. I think they count revisions per listing as well so maybe that counted against me?, but makes no sense.

Also why don't they just spend their time taking off all those silly plastic chloes.
I heard of two TPFers who got their genuine bags taken down this week which is crazy.
I think soon ebay are going to annoy too many genuine sellers and all that will be left is the plastic chloes and that will serve them right!

Yep.. an alternative... me too. But needs to be an "en masse" move to ever get ebays attention. I report those stupid plastic fakes every single day... and yet they hang. Even some of the ones that say "inspired"... you'd think their computers would catch that one!

The same thing happened to me this week as well and I e-mailed them asking why and they just said they were justified. I have 100% feedback with no problems whatsoever!

not only that, but I sold an item last week and ebay told paypal to hold my funds pending delivery....my item was delivered yesterday but they still won't take the hold off for 3 days. I am sooooooooooooooo aggravated!

The same thing happened to me this week as well and I e-mailed them asking why and they just said they were justified. I have 100% feedback with no problems whatsoever!

not only that, but I sold an item last week and ebay told paypal to hold my funds pending delivery....my item was delivered yesterday but they still won't take the hold off for 3 days. I am sooooooooooooooo aggravated!

Wow, that's worse! How can paypal hold fees from you, maybe that would have happened to me too. I think something seriously strange is going on on ebay land this stuff is weird.
It would have also been nice to get an email about this restriction thing before, so that I could have known before hand what was going to happen and I could have not revised my item so many times or not done whatever I wasn't supposed to do to make them unhappy with me.
I was basically in the middle of one of my listings and I couldn't edit it anymore because this restriction kicked in. They still want my money though for my listing that I couldn't edit. Crazy!
any ebayers should read this link:
http://forum.purseblog.com/ebay-forum/getting-around-the-30-day-ebay-restriction-342104.html

Last edited:
I had a limit on my account and I sent ebay an email and they lifted the restrictions based on my selling history and feedback (what they said anyway). I am now able to list stuff again. so I would just suggest sending an email with the item no you are trying to revise (what I did 2 days ago). Good luck! I was really upset and still am cause it seems ebay is helping everyone but sellers right now. I mean what are they gonna do when all the good sellers leave???

I had a limit on my account and I sent ebay an email and they lifted the restrictions based on my selling history and feedback (what they said anyway). I am now able to list stuff again. so I would just suggest sending an email with the item no you are trying to revise (what I did 2 days ago). Good luck! I was really upset and still am cause it seems ebay is helping everyone but sellers right now. I mean what are they gonna do when all the good sellers leave???

I did e-mail them and they said my restriction was justified and will stay.

I think there's a lot of people with this problem at the moment. If you look on other pages of the forum, some people complained and got their ban increased to 90 days. I emailed them about it, so I guess I just wait and see what happens, outcome seems pretty random person to person.

Sorry about the mini rant I'm just so cross at ebay.

I totally agree with you - I am one of the people who had my bag removed for Trademark Infringement yesterday and also they removed an item that I sold about a month ago.

They are not suggesting that my bag is fake and they have said I can re-list but now I don't know how to word my listing differently.
I think I am going to try listing it with out close up shots of the heatstamp or anything with the brand name etc and put in my listing that buyers can request further pictures sending to them. See what happens - I can only get banned totally.

I think there's a lot of people with this problem at the moment. If you look on other pages of the forum, some people complained and got their ban increased to 90 days. I emailed them about it, so I guess I just wait and see what happens, outcome seems pretty random person to person.

I have also had this problem as well and not just with bags. I tried to list a pair of sunglasses and Ebay stopped me. I did email to appeal but they said they wil review in 90 days. Now I have had my bags pulled it will probably be longer.

It's been so frustrating and time consuming. What's worst is that by the time the 30 days are over for my next listing, the prices have been put into effect and have increased. Conspiracy?

The system is pretty random and depending on your luck you might or might note get chosen for the 30 day, the automated replies are also useless. I have email them three times and the replies are just pointless.

I am curious... did ya'll have disclaimers in your auctions that you are not authorized chloe retailers and bag was from your personal collection?

I did on the live one but not on the one that got sold a few weeks ago! I thought I had been really careful with the wording and put 12 pictures on showing everything thats needed to authenticate but I'm wondering if it beacuse I am taking pictures of the "logo". Don't really know what to do now TBH !