Is fjord heavy?

Ms Birkin

O.G.
Jun 21, 2008
I have a 35cm birkin in Chamonix which is very light IMHO, as much as I love it I don't consider it an everyday bag.

I have seen a 35cm birkin in Fjord for sale but I just wonder how heavy Fjord really is,compared to say clemence. The problem I have is that I can't find a shop that even has a 35cm birkin in clemence to "try on" I did once try a 30cm in togo and that felt very light again IMO & also it was quite awhile ago so my memory maybe hazy.

It is alot of money to spend on something I can't try out before hand so !would value your thoughts/opinions (good or bad).

Ms Birkin, there are threads here comparing the weights of the leathers in various size bags. ( I always see these theads when I'm not looking for them;))

But, the main thing is what you carry inside the bag. That is what adds the weight most times, rather than the leather.

Leather weight differences on a given size/style bag are not that great, generally.....maybe a few ounces most times.

new fjord is much thinner nd lighter than old fjord. i just sold a fjord 30 (not b/cof the weight) as i really like a bigger bag and it was so light. despite being fairly matte, the new fjord has more of a subtle sparkle to it as well almost like there is something reflective deep in the pores.......i love it and have requested one as well

Thanks for all the replies, I did check check the threads but couldn't find a weight listed for fjord.

This is good news as I found a fjord bag in the size, colour and hardware I would like but was abit unsure about the leather. Fjord appeals as (from other threads) it appears to be very weather resistant (we have alot of rain here in the UK) and hard wearing, which would be great as I want to use it as an every day bag.

Thanks again and I will keep you all posted should I decide to buy :yes:

Do you have a full time assistant or bodyguard?
Even a few ozs. can make a difference. Fjord is heavy. Clemence is a little heavy. I have 35 Birkins in Togo and Epsom. The Epsom feels way lighter. It just does. And fjord is yet heavier than Togo, so......it's something to consider if you can't hand the bag off to an assistant or bodyguard whenever you like.
On the other hand, there's girls out there who will contest this opinion.

Do you have a full time assistant or bodyguard?
Even a few ozs. can make a difference. Fjord is heavy. Clemence is a little heavy. I have 35 Birkins in Togo and Epsom. The Epsom feels way lighter. It just does. And fjord is yet heavier than Togo, so......it's something to consider if you can't hand the bag off to an assistant or bodyguard whenever you like.
On the other hand, there's girls out there who will contest this opinion.

Not really. Lots of people have felt firsthand the weight difference between the older and newer fjords. The newer ones have the same stiff quality but significantly less weight.