3.03 ctw Diamond Studs Outrageous for a 26 yr old to wear everyday?

chanel-girl

Cartier Love
Jun 24, 2007
I just upgraded my diamond studs from 1.72 ctw, My jeweler sent me a pair of 3.03 ctw studs.

My mother thinks they look completely rediculous on me given my very petite size(I'm 4 11"), pretty small ears, and where I am in life, to wear everyday. I'm 26 just having graduated although I have had a small online business for a few years, which is how I can afford them...

She thinks given that I don't have a "real" job yet that people will assume they aren't real and they are just "too much" for my size. I can exchange them for a little smaller, maybe around 2.5 ctw. Do you think that size would look a little less "outrageous"?

I was just wondering about people's opinions...

If you love them, can afford them and feel comfortable wearing them, that's all that matters. I'm 22, petite and wear 4.26 cttw diamond studs just about everyday and I adore them!! I get tons of compliments and no one even questions if they're real. Even if they do, who cares! You know that they are the real deal and that's what's most important.

meh! Who cares if someone thinks they're not real?
If YOU love them and they make your heart flutter get them! The good news is at this size, and at your petite size, you probably won't ever have to buy studs again. They're big enough not to be looking to upgrade in 10 or so years.
It's all about you:yes:

I bet there beautiful. But.. they may be too big for everyday.

being a carat and half each.. they probably take up much of your lobes and stick out.

Just my opinion. I am just jealous and waiting for my 2 carat tw. hehee

I wanna seeEEEeeee!!

How can you torment us with knowledge of beautiful 3ctw studs and not post pictures! I am only an inch taller than you... will you post so I can live vicariously??:sweatdrop:

If you like them and the way they look on you, I'd keep them. Everybody has an opinion and that's okay. But at the end of the day, yours is most important.

If it turns out you don't want to wear them everyday, save them for the times when you do and invest in a smaller carat weight. It's not always affordable to be able to buy the things one wants so keep them and be glad you did.

i think they would look gorgeous on you! you shouldnt really care about if people think they are real or not. if you could afford them and are happy with them, no one has the right to say otherwise!

enjoy!

I think the larger studs would look gorgeous (even for everyday). That is the great thing about diamond studs...they can be a bit extravagant but are still simple and classic so can be worn with anything. And yes I agree, post some pics!